Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could try any ski - what would you rent this season?

Poster: A snowHead
I am window shopping on which skis to rent, so thought I would outsource to get some tips; and who knows maybe my childish excitement will be a little contagious too?

In terms of Piste I've been getting quite in to some of the fairly narrow frontside skis recently (driven mainly by the Rossignol Hero range). But...

Has anyone tried the Blizzard Quattro?

What about the Rossi Black Edition?

I'm also be open to some more traditional all mountain suggestions, and will likely take a guided off piste tour for which I would very much like to return to the Soul 7... (though I suck in deep snow).

Given the marginal cost of renting vs. buying I always like to get my monies worth... so suggestions please! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’d like to test the Line Sick Day 104. I have some Line Sir Francis Bacons, which are 106 I think, but the Sick Days are supposed to be a more stiff but still surfy and fun. Plus the graphics are cool.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd like to try the Faction CT 2.0. Had a quick go with them at Oktobertest and liked them so want to try on the mountain. Given a wider choice then see how it compares with the Line SFB and Armada ARV 106.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd like to try something from Stockli....not sure what though Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I tried the previous generation of Blizzard piste skis before the Quattro and they were lovely. Would have bought some if only I could have found some. Got some Head Titans instead.

I would also love to try some Stocklis.

I reckon I’ll buy some dynastar speedzone 14. Or some Rossi heroes.

Looking forward to trying some Zags and Black Crows soon.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kastle FX95HP. That was until I bought a pair Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some more Black Crows, of one sort or another.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old Fartbag wrote:

Doesn't matter. All Stocklis have one thing in common, they only have one speed - fast! Laughing

Edit: I love Stocklis but if you're not a seasonnaire they're gonna kill you.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 19-02-18 23:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Kastle FX95HP. That was until I bought a pair Happy

I nearly owned some Kastle SX363s in the 80s, but the shop had none left, so bought some Lange SLS instead...which were horrible (skis long gone, but still have the matching Poles).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would love to try some Stocklis... harder to find though. And you are right, they probably would kill me as I am certainly no seasonnaire.

@Maireadoconnor, I've loved the Rossi Heroes that I have tried. However once past the ST/LT/AT I do find the premium bits at the top of that range a bit hard to figure out. I am v. likely to have a go on the Black edition but am not really clear on if it is just a hyper-expensive version of the All Turn or if it has a bit more bite to it than that... or the Strato (which is 68mm) so i'm guessing is the premium ST - non of that helped as there seem to be almost no reviews of Rossi Heroes out there!

@SnoodlesMcFlude, I would love to have a go on the CT 2.0 for the second half of my week - though looking down at my own skis very firmly planted on the snow will be quite dispiriting given the usual Thovex driven POV.

I'm quite keen to try the Black Crows Vertis too...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Volkl Flair 81
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd have a go on Hirscher's GS skis just to see how many milliseconds it took to highside myself.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kastle mx89 vs Head Kore vs Renoun Z-90 ... and this would have to be in Park city in March. Would be easier on the wallet if not possible...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maireadoconnor wrote:

I’m also eyeing up Rossi Hero ST or Dynastar speed zones. Why the 14s rather than the 16s?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Themasterpiece wrote:
Maireadoconnor wrote:

I’m also eyeing up Rossi Hero ST or Dynastar speed zones. Why the 14s rather than the 16s?

The 16s have a very short turn radius. I’m sure they’re also lovely skis, but I have half a mind to do some L3 instructor training and I’m advised that something less turny would be better.

From what I understand, the 16s are equivalent to the STs and the 12/14 are equivalent to the LTs.
snow conditions
Black Crows Atris - for powder and serious off-piste ripping (I've actually bought a pair, but haven't had chance to try them yet).
Nordica Navigator 85 - as an easy-going soft snow piste ski. They look ridiculously easy to carve all day and probably a lot of fun in the bumps.
Volkl Mantra M5 - the new version for 18-19. I'm curious how it would perform against my 90Eights and whether or not I would prefer it as a do-it-all everyday ski.
K2 Marksman - I'm intrigued by this fun looking ski as a potential replacement for my 2012 Line SFBs.
snow report
I just want some decent offpiste snow to test them in.
ski holidays
Quote:

I love Stocklis but if you're not a seasonnaire they're gonna kill you.

The race skis are significantly more forgiving than e.g. Nordica FIS models.

Tried a pair of 193 DP Pros once.

Once.

Amazing, delightful but never again on a public piste.
ski holidays
I have Stockli skis and they are great cruising skis, certainly not just for seasonnaires. WTF is a seasonnaire anyway?
ski holidays
Wailer 112’s..........
snow report
Black Crows Corvus Freebirds Happy
latest report
I love my Dynastar Speedzones. I've got the 12s in 174cm https://goo.gl/KJtmZY and the 14s in 182cm https://goo.gl/y27GQ2. I'm in between sizes so went for both (at discounted prices!). The shorter ones are great when I'm feeling lazy. The longer ones for when I'm feeling more on it and the snow is good. I was on a lift in Tignes earlier this season chatting to a pisteur. He reckoned the Speedzones to be the best all round skis he'd ever had.
snow conditions
This is all very good but you are at the mercy of the ski rental shops.
I presume your going to a big resort where there are few shops to chose from.

I think its a great idea to try as many different skis as you can get your hands on.

I suppose that's one of the benefits of the ski testing we can get on the Bashes.
ski holidays
Some FIS slalom skis - not sure I mind which although have a soft spot for Stocklis.
snow report
or I suppose Scott Superguide 88

think these are the only two types of skis I care about that I don't have reasonably well covered from within our cave
snow report
jedster wrote:
Some FIS slalom skis - not sure I mind which although have a soft spot for Stocklis.

Ski Clinic in Cluses have demo skis, they don't do Stoeckli though.

Stoeckli have several stores in Switzerland, people could email the shop to see if they have demos of specific things. I have only been in the Engelberg one and I wouldn't really choose Engelberg as the best place to test race skis.
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Doesn't matter. All Stocklis have one thing in common, they only have one speed - fast! Laughing

Edit: I love Stocklis but if you're not a seasonnaire they're gonna kill you.

I can vouch for ACL damage.
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

I love Stocklis but if you're not a seasonnaire they're gonna kill you.

The race skis are significantly more forgiving than e.g. Nordica FIS models.

Tried a pair of 193 DP Pros once.

Once.

Amazing, delightful but never again on a public piste.

193 DP Prop + was my daily driver for a few seasons Laughing - cannot believe i used to use those things all the time.. but they were amazing and literally have no speed limit. I'm now in a 95 Stormrider in combo with ibeam stiff PM Gear 117mm 192 Bros Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy