Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Running TR, La Thuile, 18-25 Feb.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Great first day on the pistes. Easy morning on blues in bowl above cable car. More interesting afternoon on reds 9 and 10, black 9a and reds off Argillien lift. Great hot choc at Le Foyer above blue bowl. Canteen at TH2200 ok, but slow...Avoid La Combe and Chaz Dura lifts if you can because they're very slow. Glorious sun all day. Probably off to Belvedere sector tomorrow. And coffee is 1 euro a go pretty much everywhere. Can't be bad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dobby, what are the runs down into La Thuile like? The low runs over in La Rosiere have been refrozen hardpack the last couple of days, with much better snow higher up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Better higher up. Which isn't much of a problem because all the runs apart from the home runs are higher up. Runs back to resort a bit sugary at end of day yesterday and there was a lot of blown snow on top of hardpack on runs on backside (fourgaz?) of la thuile yesterday afternoon. Great weather though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how about red 7 especially the higher parts, is it fully open?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sweedish, think so. Great days weather wise yesterday and today. Yesterday pottered about in la thuile. Backside if la thuile was windswept due to wind direction. Black 5 nice run so long as you are careful where it joins with red 6. Reminded myself why I hate red 6. Went over to La Ros this morning. Pistes noticeably busier, but we did spend a lot of time on the eucherts area which was ski school central. Spent afternoon on backside of la thuile in San bernado lift area. V quiet and skied red and black over and over. Came back down red 7 which was absolutely fine. More importantly, junior dobby loved it this afternoon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mixed bag weather wise today. Started bright and then cloudy with snow flurries. Morning spent in piccolo san bernard area. Some great runs but avoid blue 25 which links piccolo San bernard lift with fourgaz lift - flatter than a flat thing. Then red 7 back to resort. Mrs D and D junior called it a day while other daughter dragged me down a whole heap of blacks (2 a few times, 3 and 5). Called it a day at about 1530. Snow in good nick but obviously blacks getting icy and chopped up by the afternoon. Cold though - no wonder this place is called Little Siberia
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Black 5 nice run so long as you are careful where it joins with red 6. Reminded myself why I hate red 6.

Ooh, yes. Remember that exact section! There was a nasty narrow icy bit on red 6 soon after the join, if I recall correctly, which I dreaded every time. Black 5 was great, though, and I'm not generally a 'black run' person. I recall liking red 9 and the reds off the Argillien lift also. Really enjoyed La Thuile generally – lack of crowds was the draw for me when choosing to go there, and it didn't disappoint! Glad you're having a good time, despite the cold.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Black 5 def good today, though I thought 2 was even better. Red 7 disappointed though - top was great, but below the Fourclaz Express it was really just a green boulevard. Snow better in La Thuile than la ros today.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mgrolf, black 2 is a great run. Black 3 was a bit sketchy but may be because I was knackered and all over the place. Agree that red 7 below fourgaz os a bit of a green road but it is usually quiet and less steep than road red 6 which gets a bit hairy in places.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dobby, I can relate to tired and all over the place. I was definitely on the flailing side on the way home! I only did short part of 3 but it seemed ok to me so I guess I missed the icier bits. Red 6 was awkward in places, and fun in places. Would be horrible if busy though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy