Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Piece Ski Suits........Your Thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
I'm just returning to skiing after 18 years, I'm just curious as to why and when did one piece ski suit fall out of favour? in the 90's the large majority wore a one piece, the exception were the snowboarders, will they ever return, do you still wear one, do you still own one but would never consider wearing it again, ????????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I recently shared a chalet with a group of blokes who - whenever they saw someone in a one-piece ski suit (as opposed to a fancy-dress Onesie) - had to lick it.

That was also curious
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the fluorescent romper suited tossers website seems no longer to exist. Maybe they are acceptable again? ( they aren't, except for fancy dress )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are still a few around, see:

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/lofoten/lofoten-gore-tex-pro-one-piece-mw/

https://www.blue-tomato.com/en-GB/product/Sweet+Protection-Crusader+Flightsuit-226292/

Go for it!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maurice100 wrote:
I'm just returning to skiing after 18 years, I'm just curious as to why and when did one piece ski suit fall out of favour? in the 90's the large majority wore a one piece....

They were certainly around - but I don't recall the majority wearing them. Never were my thing. There used to be a fartbag day at the EOSB - perhaps there still is.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colleague of mine set up Tipsy Elves which sells these monstrosities. His whole business is based on rancid clothes, but it's meant he can stop looking in people's gobs all day long!

https://www.tipsyelves.com/ski-suits
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha now I really want the Tipsy Elves sunrise shredder suit Laughing

I had a Roxy ladies one piece in the noughties. Not retro, it was new but deeply ironic, all black with a fur collar and pink leopard print lining. Called "The Ivana" I believe Very Happy sadly I never wore it much - far too hot.

In some ways one pieces are great for snowboarders because a common fall is it to lose the heelside edge, slide down the piste briefly and recover, and that's pretty much guaranteed to fill your pant waistband with snow.

I have a stealth one-piece because my pants and jacket zip together. For the first time in 20 years I have a dry back at the end of the day snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chivdog wrote:
There are still a few around, see:

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/lofoten/lofoten-gore-tex-pro-one-piece-mw/

https://www.blue-tomato.com/en-GB/product/Sweet+Protection-Crusader+Flightsuit-226292/

Go for it!

Toofy Grin

There is the more affordable oneskee https://www.oneskee.com/eu/mens
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I saw two on adults this past week, one was probably from the 90s, maybe C&A? It reminded me of the ones my parents had from there and the other looked new and “high tech” maybe they’re going to make a come back?!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@brokenbetty, take a look here www.oldschoolski.co.uk 20 years ago I'd have gone for the Club Tropicana, but today I guess I'm going to have to settle for drab grey pants and olive jacket for fear of being licked or branded a tosser Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Maurice100 ah, I love them all but especially the fruit one.

As kids my sis and I had matching C&A rodeo one pieces, probably in about 1984. By the end of the 80s I was choosing my own kit - no one pieces but still from C&A. I know on at least one trip I was rocking an oversize pink flouro jacket with matching screenblock stripes, gelled spiky hair and raybans. Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maurice100 wrote:
@brokenbetty, take a look here www.oldschoolski.co.uk 20 years ago I'd have gone for the Club Tropicana, but today I guess I'm going to have to settle for drab grey pants and olive jacket for fear of being licked or branded a tosser Very Happy

You’re only a licked tosser if you stick with the grey olive combo. Be bold, be old school! ( by the way, said company is nothing to do with me)
Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Old Skool, shush, don't say a word I'm thinking I'll be sporting pineapples next season Cool
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw a 'teen' in one at the Hof this week, looked good quality.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Both Airblaster & Picture do a one piece.
I guess its down to having a jacket able to hide the 'does my bum look big in this' brigade.
Or having to half strip to use the toilet.

superdry also did a onepiece a few years ago. I was going to get one (looked at all 3 mentioned), but opted for Bib pants in the end.
ski holidays
Maurice100, you should be able to wear what you like when skiing without derogatory comments.
I've never understood the sneery attitude to one-piece.
I used to have a flourescent Purple/green/yellow Nevica (gave it to Scottish nephew), then plain blue Degre7 ( which is still up in the loft somewhere).
Now older (and wider), I've adopted a grungy boarder set-up and pretend I'm younger rolling eyes
ski holidays
Wear what you want to, but you wouldn't catch me in a one piece.
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:
Maurice100, you should be able to wear what you like when skiing without derogatory comments....

I agree. A now deceased mate had a Killey one-piece which looked rather cool. Personally, I think having a spare jacket gives me grater flexibility during the day - from opening it wide open if its hot, or taking it off. I also think it must be much simpler not to have a one-pice when going to the loo. But I entirely with Jonpim - wear what ever works for you.
ski holidays
Come on, one piece suits are great for keeping the pow out of your pants and "enhancing" bodily features! Give them a coupe of years and the ironic brigade will be wearing ultra baggy snowboarding pants from Y2K. All I would say is that if you go full fart-bag you've gotta have the skills on skis (or monoboard!) to pull it off wink
snow conditions
If you hate one-piece suits, then you're pretty much in the mainstream of current fashion. That would suggest that if you were around when one-pieces were in precisely that place... you'd have worn those too, for precisely the same reason. It seems a contradictory position to hold. What goes around comes around.

Powder...? Actually it's more the other way around... modern two-piece stuff doesn't give any issue with powder leakage from the join, but one-piece suits have the feature that if it goes in at the top it's got to travel all the way down.
ski holidays
One pieces are not great for the short or the tall.
snow conditions
@TheGingerPrince, I'll probably pass on bringing my old mono out of retirement.

My first one piece was made by Style France, I loved it, I replaced it with a Degre7 suit which I hated, it was baggy and ill fitting only wore it for one holiday, I then went back to two piece but never felt really comfortable so returned to the one piece, my last suit was made by Mossant it was the perfect fit, comfortable and warm.
snow report
Heading to Saalbach this weekend and I'll be taking my 1989 Nevica one-piece to use at least one day so that the rest of my group can have a laugh. It's green and purple, with fluorescent yellow trim. Lovely. Tried it on at the weekend and it fits, despite the belt at the waist having to be tucked under my middle age spread.
latest report
@chivdog, There’s a difference between ‘modern’ shells and the old school 80/90’s.

Wear whatever you want, but look in the mirror first, and check what you’re seeing, is what other people are seeing.
snow report
Quote:

I also think it must be much simpler not to have a one-pice when going to the loo

The cycling equivalent must be bib-shorts. A well know laxative. Put them on, need a dump 5 minutes later.

Clearly there are people that don't mind getting totally undressed in a minging bog.

Quote:

One pieces are not great for the short or the tall.

Same for workman overalls. At 6ft3 it's perma-wedgie.
snow conditions
Maurice100 wrote:
@Old Skool, shush, don't say a word I'm thinking I'll be sporting pineapples next season Cool

That’ll be two of us then snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 19-02-18 13:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@andy wrote:

Clearly there are people that don't mind getting totally undressed in a minging bog

Surely some form of 'service hatch' in the rear? Or maybe take the John Glenn approach and shake it down the leg... a reason for those non-stick, glossy, easy wipe linings eh? Confused
snow report
Just thinking back I can count at least six all in one suits that I have had over the years. The last one was bought in 2000 so some time ago. The top half unzipped from the trousers do great for sitting in cafes and the loos.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You need to be able to make big movements in the park / pipe so loose fitting separate components are better.

That being said, if you're on Rossignol Open 195s, and your skiing reds and blues with your knees / boots locked together, than a one piece is fine, so long as you have a colour matched headband with the resort name on it.
latest report
andy wrote:
Quote:

I also think it must be much simpler not to have a one-pice when going to the loo

The cycling equivalent must be bib-shorts. A well know laxative. Put them on, need a dump 5 minutes later.

Thankfully not everyone on the slopes is a 50+ with the bowel control of a toddler.
snow report
PowderAdict wrote:
@chivdog, There’s a difference between ‘modern’ shells and the old school 80/90’s.

Wear whatever you want, but look in the mirror first, and check what you’re seeing, is what other people are seeing.

Yep, I sported a fetching pink, green and blue insulated ripcurl number back in the day. Pair of Oakley Frogskins completed the look. Terribly uncomfortable; terribly cool.
snow report
andy wrote:

Same for workman overalls. At 6ft3 it's perma-wedgie.

I'm the other end. At 5ft1 I have the crotch somewhere near my knees and in silhouette am roughly the shape of a tellytubby
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
I recently shared a chalet with a group of blokes who - whenever they saw someone in a one-piece ski suit (as opposed to a fancy-dress Onesie) - had to lick it.

That was also curious

The lick-a-onesie challenge is alive and well in our group too. Very few of them around this year though - I think we managed just 3 between us.

Says the mature 57 year old...
ski holidays
But man, they were comfortable...
snow report
Yovnger has just launched there Indiegogo page for there brand new ski suits. Perfect for High-output activities and yet still looks epic. Check it out if you guys are looking for something different.

https://igg.me/at/skisuit/x/22924290#/
latest report
all together now, sing - it was acceptable in the 80s...
snow conditions
mariusmilatz wrote:
Yovnger has just launched there Indiegogo page for there brand new ski suits. Perfect for High-output activities and yet still looks epic. Check it out if you guys are looking for something different.

Nice advert.

They are not perfect for high output activities, if you read the concerns above there appears to be no service hatch for the output to exit.
snow report
Page23 wrote:
all together now, sing - it was acceptable in the 80s...

haha. I think its coming back, plus when your freeriding in the backcountry onesies are very useful so snow doesn't get in. but everyone to there own opinions.
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
mariusmilatz wrote:

Nice advert.

They are not perfect for high output activities, if you read the concerns above there appears to be no service hatch for the output to exit.

For men if your standing up, the front zip goes low enough that this isn't a problem. Sitting down is not that convenient, that is true.
snow conditions
I have a Norrona XL one piece in dark blue for sale. I've now lost the weight I had but it still doesn't fit me (6'3" +). PM if interested.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy