Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year 2018 - Austria

Poster: A snowHead
I like to get away from the U.K at this time, but this year I would like to go Skiing. Can you give me some recommendations on Resorts in Austria for New Year 2018, where are my options?

I like long, wide and fast Reds. Also like lots of good restaurants

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 28-05-18 14:20; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Literally hundreds of destinations to choose from. What are you looking for? Chocolate box scenery? Nightlife? Or is it all about the skiing?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
telford_mike wrote:
Literally hundreds of destinations to choose from. What are you looking for? Chocolate box scenery? Nightlife? Or is it all about the skiing?

Definitely all about the Skiing and lots of good restaurants
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
telford_mike wrote:

Would you recommend USA/Canada or Scandinavia?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Budget?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PeteMan wrote:
Budget?

No budget, but no silly prices that celebs and the like would pay Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NewSki, Scandinavia could be good, but no guarantees. There will be slopes open, but most likely a bit limited. At that time of year expect it to be cold and going dark by 2:30-3pm.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Themasterpiece wrote:
@NewSki, Scandinavia could be good, but no guarantees. There will be slopes open, but most likely a bit limited. At that time of year expect it to be cold and going dark by 2:30-3pm.

I'll take Scandinavia off of my list then!
EDITED: would like to go to Austria again!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NewSki wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Where do yo like your restaurants and what food do you like to eat?
In my experience in North America you can eat well in the resorts but on the slopes the food is a bit unexciting.
Red run skiing and good food the dolomites are pretty hard to beat , but if you want to stray away from the piste and do some off piste this may be a poor option as they rely on artificial snow more than most in the early season. Each season is different though and nowhere is exactly guaranteed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Suggest looking at the trip reports - many on the site, and give you more detail and panorama than a sentence here and there. Lots of good info. Main issue will be snow, always iffy in many places. Pick locale based on that element carefully first.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Look at Saalbach/Hinterglemm and Ischgl.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
T Bar wrote:
NewSki wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Where do yo like your restaurants and what food do you like to eat?
In my experience in North America you can eat well in the resorts but on the slopes the food is a bit unexciting.
Red run skiing and good food the dolomites are pretty hard to beat , but if you want to stray away from the piste and do some off piste this may be a poor option as they rely on artificial snow more than most in the early season. Each season is different though and nowhere is exactly guaranteed.

Restaurant location isn't a concern, after my trip to Maria Alm we skied down for lunch everyday as the food wasn't to my liking on the slopes!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HoneyBunny wrote:
Look at Saalbach/Hinterglemm and Ischgl.

I was just looking at Obergurgl but seems that you can ski it and would get bored after a few days, excellent height though!! I need to go high right?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ischgl fits the bill nicely. Lots of great reds, good restaurants and as much night life as anyone could want.

Even table dancers

http://youtube.com/v/GWThA5le_PE
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TQA wrote:
Ischgl fits the bill nicely. Lots of great reds, good restaurants and as much night life as anyone could want.

Even table dancers

http://youtube.com/v/GWThA5le_PE

is it high enough for early January?
snow conditions
Very much so. Ischgl is perfect for your requirements.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Very much so. Ischgl is perfect for your requirements.

looking at it, looks very good there!
ski holidays
New Year Period is the worse time to go, if its skiing you just want.

It is the busiest week of the season & most expensive because you will be standing inline for lifts more than you would do normally.

Service is often at its worse as the staff are all new beinging of season hires & not all are accustomed to working in Horeca (Hotel Restaurant Catering) sector..
ski holidays
Don't worry, most of Ischgl's a lot better than Schatzi Bar. In fact there's only one bar worse than Schatzi, and that's FreeRide.

Snow in Ischgl should be fine for New Year - this isn't France but a lot further east and the NY week will probably be week 5 or 6 of the season.
snow report
I will be in Germany for Christmas was also planning to hit Austrian slopes for New Year's. Isn't there a resort which is reasonably snow-sure and not crowded (doesn't need to be massive) ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy