Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent resorts within an hour of Kranjska Gora with Blues and greens for the wife

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Obviously due to the poor conditions in Kranjska Gora at the moment I am looking to cancel our transfers and hire a car. Does anyone have any decent resorts within an hour or so drive that they can recommend that my wife might enjoy, she likes Green and Blue runs as not really confident enough for reds yet.
On the pass mentioned I do like the look of Goldeck and Innerkrems as these seem to have a variety. I was told about Nessfeld but unfortunately this is not part of the package but also seems mainly full of Red runs.

Turned out the weather is not on our side this year which is a bit of a disaster as we fly on Wednesday so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Bluedusty

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 14-02-20 14:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have managed to find out the the pass is still available for anyone interested.

Any recommendations for close resorts in Austria or Italy with a fair amount of green and blue runs still welcome.

I am not going to buy the lift pass till the day we arrive just in case a different resort pops up
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bluedusty wrote:

Obviously due to the poor conditions at the moment I am looking to cancel our transfers and hire a car. Does anyone have any decent resorts within an hour or so drive that they can recommend that my wife might enjoy, she likes Green and Blue runs as not really confident enough for reds yet.

No idea about that pass, sorry, but it might help if you let us know where you would like recommendations within an hours drive of wink

I'm assuming somewhere near Villach?

There aren't any green runs in Austria, but another snowed on a different thread recently mentioned Gerlitzen. It looks pretty cruisey - despite lots of the runs being reds if you look at it on google earth it looks like there should be mellow ways from top to bottom: https://www.gerlitzen.com

Otherwise it's hard to say without knowing where you're starting from, but if you can push just a bit further north into Steirmark/Salzburg there are lots of options. Bad Gastein, Flauchau/Ski AMade, Schladming, etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Clarky999,

It may well help if I say we are staying in Kranjska Gora, silly me.

Thanks for the recommendation, someone else did mention Gerlitzen but as you say when I checked it looked mainly full of Reds. I am just not sure I could convince the wife to attempt it even though she is much better than she thinks.

Unfortunately she loves the long steady blues like the Procolu in Avoriaz. Unfortunately our budget does not stretch to school holiday prices for this or most other resorts. Hence why we thought we would try Slovenia because it looks lovely but a severe lack of snow is changing our plans.

We are however looking forward to having to try other areas out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy