Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva lunch reccomendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to Selva next week and looking for some recommendations of where the best lunch spots are in the area/on the sella ronda. Any recommendations much appreciated. Very foody group, and not contained by budget. Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@freid, there is a good starting list in this thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're heading anticlockwise round the Sella Ronda to Selva then Jimmy's at the top of the two-stage gondola from Colfosco has a good reputation, though I've sadly not had the chance to actually try it yet. If you're going clockwise round the Sella Ronda from Selva you can get to it by skiing partway down from the top of Dantercepies towards Colfosco but then getting on the previously mentioned two-stage gondola at the mid-station. Here's their website (only in Italian): http://www.jimmyhuette.com/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If not constrained by budget then both Rifugio Comici near Ciampinoi above Selva and Club Morizino at Piz La Ila in-between La Villa and Corvara should be on your list. Both quite fish-centric menus. Comici friendlier atmosphere of the 2 - ask for the "cosy room" and don't miss out on the Grappa petrol pump..., Morizino better food (it is truly amazing - lots of little amuse bouche etc) but service can be a bit formal (I think it has a Michelin star?). Both have surprisingly affordable wine lists (i.e. they have plenty of good, local, affordable options on them as well as the ridiculously priced big names for the Russians...) and are really worthwhile visiting.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Curona Hutte on Seceda is probably the best mountain hut in the World.

Away from the madding crowds, breathtaking views, amazing food.

After your meal, tell Werner that it was 'ansome. He'll know where it came from. wink

http://www.curona.it/en/Default.asp
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We just ate at Comici two days ago and can recommend it. You may need to get there early as we did to get a table inside. You can get calamari and tuna bites for a snack at the outdoor bar otherwise.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pasigal,

Comici's is OK, but the loos are a bit rough. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair Pink wrote:
If you're heading anticlockwise round the Sella Ronda to Selva then Jimmy's at the top of the two-stage gondola from Colfosco has a good reputation, though I've sadly not had the chance to actually try it yet. If you're going clockwise round the Sella Ronda from Selva you can get to it by skiing partway down from the top of Dantercepies towards Colfosco but then getting on the previously mentioned two-stage gondola at the mid-station. Here's their website (only in Italian): http://www.jimmyhuette.com/

We had a lovely lunch at Jimmys a couple of weeks back and even though it was mega busy , service was slick and polite.
Not too dear whether which was a pleasant surprise after expensive crap lunches in France.

Try the pine risotto with beef cheeks. Yum!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm tempted to say "any of them" - not found a bad one yet.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What sheffskibod said. On a nice day Jimmy's also has an excellent view.

If you are heading down the Saslong way, we have typically enjoyed Saslonch hutte. Not at the fancy end of the spectrum but reliable.

@Mollerski, do you pre-book for Curona? It looks tiny. Never made it there yet.

Oops forgot to mention that Baita Sofie on Seceda also good.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 21-02-18 22:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SteveM,

No booking. It's tiny if the weather is iffy, otherwise there's plenty of sheltered outside tables. The views are as far as Switzerland. A friend commented in Jan when supping a beer outside in perfect weather, 'This actually is paradise'. Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rifugio Fodom is very good.

It's just over the Belvedere ridge heading towards Arabba. It's bigger and busy, but very slick and the food is great.

http://www.rifugiofodom.it/index.php?page_id=1050&lang_id=3
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers Mollerski, will see if there is a suitable day next week! Although looking at temps, even if sunny I may want to be inside.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SteveM wrote:
Cheers Mollerski, will see if there is a suitable day next week! Although looking at temps, even if sunny I may want to be inside.

If it's sunny you'll be fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy