Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

January 2019 Advice - New to European Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Fairly new to the forum but have already found it to be a great source for info!

SO I know it might be a little on the early side for this, but I am already looking ahead to January 2019 for a trip for my wife, her parents, and I.

A little background, my wife and I moved over late 2016 to Brighton from the US (North Carolina) for my job. I have only skied a handful of times but really love it. My wife grew up skiing with her family every year and is pretty decent. It's on her dad's bucket list to ski the Alps so what better time to make that happen while we are living in the UK. He grew up in New Hampshire and has been skiing since he could walk.

I am leaning towards the 2nd or 3rd week in January 2019 for us to go. I would really like to find a nice little chalet that's decently close to the slopes and is half-board. I would love to be able to book through the owner or a smaller company (something about the big sites just turns me off). The idea for the trip is for us to not have to worry about much else that skiing, eating, and drinking. I imagine my wife and her dad will ski every second possible, while her mom and I tend to go at a more relaxed pace.
I don't have a location picked yet but at the moment I am leaning towards Morzine. While we aren't on a super tight budget for the trip, we do have to budget for the fact that the in-laws will be flying over from the US.

This will be our first trips to the Alps so I'm new to all of this (skiing Trysil in a few weeks though!)
So snowheads, here's what I need your help with!

Is Morzine a good choice? Where else should I look? Any suggestions on somewhere to stay? Any other top tips?
I know this is a pretty wide-open question, so any advice at all is welcome.

Thanks for your help!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
January tends to be a great month to go

in general will be cold and quite on the pistes

some of the italian resorts offer Half Board in a three star hotel with a free lift pass for 500euro

if you were to buy the same lift pass , you would pay approx 220 e 6 days

Occasionally the snow can be thin on the ground early Jan, so aim for mid or end Jan
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
three valleys - plenty for all abilities, la tania has some good chalets with small companies running them,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy