Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See Skischool tip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a great afternoon yesterday with the Zell am Zee Ski School.

They call it a "Brush Up" its a two hour lesson for competent skiers, it costs 48€

But I was particularly lucky as I was the only participant. so I ended up having a two hour private lesson with an extremely good instructor from Oz .. called Alex.

We had a blast around the pistes and I thought it was worth getting him a beer at the end, so he even introduced me to Nado's Apres Ski hut. Also a worthwhile visit.

I'm going to do it again tomorrow Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where’s this Nado’s place then?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @kerb its a hut on the Blue 16 just where the 12a comes into it or a short walk from the bus stop which is just below one of the car parks for
the Schmittenhohe lift area.

I didnt manage to get a "Brush up" on tuesday, but I did yesterday,
I didnt get Alex to myself this time there were a couple of other people in the group. One was a pretty good skier and pretty too Blush

But one should not have been with us he could neither ski parallel or well at all and really needed a lot more than a brush up.
He was a bit inconsiderate as that was a prerequisite to being allowed on it.

But it was still a bargain and I had a great time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I found the ski school flexible as well as they let us swap some lessons around, to make my life a lot easier.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Correction@kerb,
Nado's
Its not those old number I gave you yesterday,
on the current piste map its along Blue 7 (its a cat track) down from the bottom of TrassXpress down to botom of CityXpress
Its just where the 5b blue comes into it.

Schmitten
5700 Zell am See, Austria
47.325624, 12.774700
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooops its called "Nedo's"
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DrLawn, Hows Zell looking? I'm considering another trip on 3rd March and debating if it will hold up? Just a wee bit concerned as did the same in '15 and it had turned distinctly soggy by then.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DrLawn wrote:
Ooops its called "Nedo's"

Cheers drlawn, will probably check it out next week.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@robboj,
The lake has not frozen yet this year,
all the pistes are well covered, there was a dump the day we arrived.

I'm sure it will be OK on the easy stuff at the top, the blacks down to the village .. I dont know.
I dont think I'd worry.

Tip:
Go to the rooftop bar at the Heitzman on Wednesday night and watch the ski school put on a display at the hill at about 7pm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kerb,
Dont get too worked u about it ... its only a garden Shed that sells beer Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DrLawn wrote:
@kerb,
Dont get too worked u about it ... its only a garden Shed that sells beer Smile

Sounds like my kind of shed. Also been to Zell a couple of times and never been down that particular run (track) so now I’ve got a reason to find it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi @kerb
Oh yes .. an excuse is all that's needed.

The track is easy from TrassXpress bottom lift, I don't above the CityXpress bottom station it is like a battlefield of corpses slithering down the last 50 metres in the artificial snow.

You can practice your hollow hammer techniques in Nedos, but it aint no Mooserwirt Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DrLawn, I also mainly download from Mittelstation at the end of the day so have never spotted that. Will happily ski down the Nord earlier in the day but not in the chaos of the last run. Those two schusses mid way and the final schuss are carnage.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DrLawn, Lake almost coated now and forecast very cold tonight so maybe tomorrow for full cover albeit very thin. Maybe undone by Friday & Sat looking milder but cold all next week so you never know. Can't remember when it last froze over this late, maybe 2008? It would need to get really cold to be cross-able though? Have seen some locals do it when its 'officially' shut but wouldn't dare risk it myself. Hell of a way to go Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DrLawn, thanks for the tip, I was on that cat track on Friday but I missed the shed completely!

We were there last week and we had a blast, we got the hotel shuttle to drop us at the trassexpress lift at 8:30am on a couple of days and once at the top skied all the way back down again to the trassexpress via standard with hardly a sole on the mountain, then straight back up to do it again before it got too busy snowHead

As its got busier we moved over to the sunny side of the mountain Very Happy

We also spent a day on the glacier in full sunshine which was glorious and we went to Kaprun for one day when it was snowing and had a good time there also.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy