Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snokart luggage and British Airways attitude

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For anyone with either the Kart 6 or Kart 3 from Snokart (the ones that attach together so should count as one piece of checked luggage provided it's all within size and weight limits), I had quite the unpleasant experience with BA staff at Venice Marco Polo airport. The two check-in staff for BA insisted that I had to separate the pieces and pay extra checked luggage charges. When I asked when this policy had changed, I was informed that this had always been the policy. I responded that I had used this luggage with BA previously on other flights to go skiing to different countries and had never had a problem.

I was then informed that I had never done this from Venice. I pointed out that I had done this same trip last year at around this time of year and had flown from Venice Marco Polo and not been forced to separate my luggage into multiple pieces. I asked them to check my frequent traveller history as this lists all my flights. I was politely informed that madame (apparently I'm now a madame) was quite mistaken about this as this only gives details of points. Also, madame was mistaken about travelling with her Snokart luggage from Venice Marco Polo previously. Both staff also clarified that they were not calling me a liar and did not consider me to be a liar. So glad to have cleared that up.

Anyway, if you've got the Kart 6 or Kart 3, I suggest getting confirmation in writing before travelling that the airline will accept them as designed to only count as one piece of checked luggage. Or ditch the Kart 6/Kart 3.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some British Airways staff do seem to be a bit up their own jacksie about being superior human beings but I'd have thought that Venice was an out station and you were probably dealing with Servisair or similar. Unless you've got high exec club status its probably not worth the effort taking it further but it seems to me the staff were outside their authority. Fair enough if you'd taped 2 bags together but not if they are an integrated piece. What next? insist people don't use the expansion gusset on their wheelies etc?
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Worth a tweet, BA are responsive on twitter and at least you’ll get a definitive answer on their stance going forward.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BA...

BryanAir
no idea who Bryan is though
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, yes, I was surprised by the attitude as I've never been treated like that by BA staff before. You're probably correct that they were something else like Servisair as I did think the uniform looked different.

@vjmehra, thanks for the suggestion. Guess I'd better get twitter account! Wink

@Mr.Egg, what we need is snowHead Airways. Hey @admin..... Laughing
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snow name wrote:

@Mr.Egg, what we need is snowHead Airways. Hey @admin..... Laughing

Really? Flights scheduled when he gets round to it, every passenger trying to take 2 tonnes of skis and teabags/bacon/smelly candles, emotional support snakes, 30 backpacks/iPads left on every plane, people turning up the wrong day for flights and the pilots and engineers trying to argue they don't want us in the EU.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, good point and well made. Although I never pack teabags or bacon but I admit to taking ptex candles and they may well be smelly.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
emotional support snakes

ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy