Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dilemma - stick or twist tomorrow?

Poster: A snowHead
Staying in L2A - was planning a day in Serre Che tomorrow - but it’s going to snow in both resorts. Stick with L2A where I’m unlikely to get lost (with family in tow) or twist and experience a new resort?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Twist
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More trees in Serre Chevalier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2-0 looks like the combined wisdom of SnowHeads says tough it out in Serre Che
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
L2A is pretty grim in the middle of a storm but then driving over the Lauteret isn't much of a giggle in the same conditions. How much snow at what time would guide my thinking.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Spin Doctor, Are you sure the forecast is for snow ? The freezing level looks pretty high to me.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Based on what I am looking at it’s going to snow in both. We had a pretty unforgiving day on Sunday which various members of the party decided was beyond the pale and necessitated the purchase of photochromic goggles and recalibration of skis. The dilemma is simply 1. Have heard that in rubbish conditions trees are helpful for providing context but will you pick the right runs? 2. At least in shite conditions in a resort you know you can weave around and find the right bits to ski 3. The squad are reluctant to get up early and sit in the old jalopy for an hour to switch resorts
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Currently split 2/2 - OH only voting for resort switch as she “knows I’ve been planning it”. Do I make myself happy or realise that in reality I’m the only one who really wants to make the trip? I need statistical weight one way or the other... Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Spin Doctor, I'm not planning to ski tomorrow as I think weather will be shite........does that help your decision making?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Simples
If you're driving and you want to go then go, if they want to come then they do if they don't then they don't
If you don't want to go then no one does.

The biggest mistake will be to stick with a plan because it's "THE PLAN"

I can't think of anything worse than driving for an hour in shite conditions only to find that the skiing is just as shite as where I had just come from and not knowing where to go or where I am and then having to face another hours drive back again.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If the weather at that end of the Alps is the same as here, I would book a table at a nice restaurant in town and get stuck into the red wine. Looking at the forecast I'd repeat for Friday and Saturday Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all. Been for a walk and the weather’s poo here, there’s just enough crap on the roads to make it an unpleasant drive and agree about THE PLAN. I’m having a decent cup of tea, have surreptitiously turned off all the alarms and I’m going to have a quiet surf of snowHeads until the RAIN stops Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yip the weather er is indeed crap this morning

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 15-02-18 9:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Strange but we've had 5cm of fresh this morning and it's looking very pleasant out there with blue sky, see cam link below to see I'm not exaggerating.

Though suspect that 5cm will be enough to wreak havoc with the tourists on summer tyres!

Think I'll have to go up to take a look as pistes are looking very quiet - though temps are rising quickly!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SC has great tree runs, which block the wind and help in low-contrast conditions. If the Lauteret is open, I'd head down that way.
latest report
Snowed all night and now knee deep on the runs here at Puy SV above 1600. Rain down at 1400.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy