Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride Courses for Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any recommendations for Kids Specific Freeride Courses?. My 11 & 13 love skiing with their Dad but it would be nice if they had some time with some gun skiers their own age?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Guernseyfreerider, what sort of thing are you looking for, and what level? Mini_mgrolf did some pretty good routes with Evo2 junior academy last year in La Rosiere, if you're looking for ski school with a more freeride flavour. Was def off-piste, not just side of piste. She's competent but not a superstar, and there were levels above hers. Can't help if you're looking for a week long camp style course.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skistar in Sweden has launched a freeride junior ski lessons https://www.skistar.com/en/inspiration/children/freeride/. The lessons are only short though, 1.5 hours/day
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Skistars one looks to be a re-brand of the intro to park skiing my daughter did with them in Trysil 3 years ago and pretty much describes what they actually did! That course they spent about 3/4 of the time all over the mountain doing freeski type stuff and 1/5 in the park. Pistes were basically just the boring way to get to the fun bits of the mountain. She had a great time on it and made her even more difficult to keep up with! She came back from every lesson absolutely buzzing and worn out. They certainly packed all the kids could cope with into those 90 minutes a day and she was happy practising everything from the previous days before the next lesson. I'd have no hesitation in recommending it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Guernseyfreerider, @mgrolf, we also had one of ours on the Evo2 Junior Academy last year, and he did some fairly gnarly bits. Very eccentric instructor, but had loads of fun. Kicked my butt in every way this year, so must have done him some good!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone will check it out. Focus is more on Freeride, I think they would like to learn more tricks but more so they can use them off piste. Preference is definitely off piste though, Powder & they love the steeps.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As I said the Skistars one certainly focused more on freeride even when it called intro to park. The park tended to be last few min of the lesson heading back to the meeting point. Another possibility to consider is some private lessons with Charlotte Swift at Easiski in Les2Alpes http://www.easiski.com/SkiLessonsPrices.htm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you were considering the US, the Jackson Hole ski school is absolutely amazing, and they spend most of their time off piste. Not cheap, but they will progress massively.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Evolution 2 at La Clusaz has special freeride courses for kids. Some of the instructors are also in the Proskilab testers team and the technical level is quite good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy