Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old goggles worth replacing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a pair of Adidas Yodai goggles with 2 lenses that I bought about 10 years ago when I was last on the slopes before kids arrived which have been dug out of the loft as we're going away on the first family skiing holiday at Easter.

At the time the Yodai's were well regarded but 10 years in the roof has taken it's toll on the foam padding which has become partially unstuck from the frame. I've managed to stick the foam back on which should hold for a week's skiing but I'm wondering if they're worth replacing anyway? Given technology moves on and gets cheaper, are ~£100 goggles like these from a decade ago going to be any better than £20 goggles you can get today? If not I might as well just bite the bullet and get a replacement pair now but if I need to spend another £100+ on a new pair to significantly improve on the Yodai's then I'll stick with them and see how they hold up.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take em. Buy some £20 goggs from Decathlon as back up
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Locoblade, of lenses still OK you should be fine with them.
If and when you buy new, I’ve had a couple of bargains from snowHeads for sale thread recently. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, lenses are in good nick so should be OK, perhaps I'll wait and see if any bargains catch my eye in the end of season sales that will hopefully kick off before we go at Easter
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sadly, I find that the "onward march" of goggle technology seems to be pretty much in line with the ageing of my eyeballs Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy