Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbeds near Newbury

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I know this has been asked 10000 times before, but, I'm after footbeds for my ski boots. Any suggestions of somewhere close to me that is good please? Friends are off to Hemel at the weekend, so if it's a better option, I can travel with and use the Snow and Rock there? Apart from that, Carters in Reading has been mentioned on the forums, but they don't seem to have a lot of choice and £140 seems a little steep?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hellstrom, I'm also near Newbury and when I return to being a boot-owner I will go up to Bicester to see CEM. I think it's the nearest good place. https://www.solutions4feet.com/

I've never been very impressed by Carters' selection of stuff.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hellstrom, £140 sounds like the cost for boot fitting AND footbeds rather than just for the product

i am based in Bicester (shameless plug, its about time i got one in) custom footbeds for a boot are £95-£120 depending on the product, you will find similar products for less money in chain stores but it depends on who is making them rather than the product itself as to how successful they are

we have off the shelf ones for less money, but being honest custom is the way to go in a ski boot unless you have the most standard of feet with no elongation or collapse

we don't have many appointments available before the weekend but there are a few
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As somebody with problem feet, I'd encourage you to see @CEM for footbeds.

A lot of the generic ski shops on the high street who offer 'custom' insoles where they shove you on one of those gel pad machines, heat the insoles up and then stand you in them, are selling you something with very vague benefits. They're seldom actually professionals in looking after you're feet, and the insoles themselves can be limited in their function due to the way they are moulded and made.

I have had good and bad insoles for ski boots and shoes. The only good ones have been from the NHS, and from CEM. I now travel from Liverpool to Bicester, by public transport (which costs over £50 itself) when I need any made.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perfect, thanks peeps. I'll call and make an appointment when I have work in that direction next Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you may wish to make an appointment, they can have a tight schedule.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hellstrom wrote:
Perfect, thanks peeps. I'll call and make an appointment when I have work in that direction next Very Happy

Bob wrote:
you may wish to make an appointment, they can have a tight schedule.

errrrrr
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lol
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
doh..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends if you think it's near enough, but down the M4 is Profeet in Fulham
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Booked in to see Solutions4Feet early next week. Thanks guys.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I just had some done at Snowtrax in Christchurch which make a improvement to my posture, but I haven't actually skied in them yet, so I can't necessarily sing their praises yet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy