Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski through McDonalds

Poster: A snowHead
We had to visit the Ski through McDonalds as we were in the area.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 12-02-18 16:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hah! Quality. Where's this?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sälen, Sweden - Lindvallen specifically
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oh god no, i'd rather go hungry rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@eddiethebus, Happy

My daughters had a doughnut and milk and us a hot chocolate but it really cheered them up when they were feeling a bit tired and crotchety.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Love that they've even called it McSki!! Very Happy

I'm presuming it's a genuine one/franchise and not a knock off?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Izzop, completely genuine and been there a long time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like the picture of the drive-through at Pitea in Sweden, where it snows quite a lot.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dp wrote:
I like the picture of the drive-through at Pitea in Sweden, where it snows quite a lot.

More than a McFlurry then?

I'll get my coat >>>>>>>>>>>>>
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
One of the guys had a problem with his skidoo so went to the garage then back to mcdonald's for lunch while the garage checked it over.

After lunch he went to the garage and asked for the diagnosis.

You've blown a seal said the mechanic.

Nah mate, just some McD mayonnaise. Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@GlasgowCyclops, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
"Would you rather eat or have a McDonalds?"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can’t think of anything less suitable to fuel an energetic activity like skiing than MacVommit.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^^^^Whereas the usual non-McD mountain fare (eg chips, burgers, hot dogs, fondues and fatty bacon/fried potatoes) is absolutely fine to fuel skiing or snowboarding Puzzled
ski holidays
@mountainaddict, Good point. My skiing experience as yet is limited to California as a child and now a few afternoons in Scotland. All that doesn’t sound ideal strictly from a energy fuel point of view. All I know is I’d feel sick if I rode a bike after a Mikky D’s. And a proper bacon sandwich before starting and a fondue later sounds a hell of a lot more tempting to me than a Krusty, sorry I meant MacDonalds burger. But hey, each to their own!
latest report
@mountainaddict, Exactly. You might actually find that McD is better than many. Hence in the Hilton Beijing last week I had a fantastic Burger but in the Hilton Beijing Airport I had one that was worse than a McD.

Before you say why was I having a burger when in China, I spend 1/3 to 1/2 my life in Asia and like here in the UK you need a variety. Hence I'll have a Pizza in Akasaka Tokyo in a nice Italian I know Happy
snow report
I got taken to maccy ds about 40 years ago on hols in the US, they couldn't cope when I wanted a burger without ketchup, mayo or relish, almost never been to maccy d since.
If you like maccy d, I see no problem with it as skier fuel, especially compared to some of the cr@p served up on the mountains.
snow conditions
@tangowaggon, IF you so desire they are happy for “no” whatever’s. If I have a burger there (which is quite rare) I always have no cheese. This is a good tactic to make sure yours is freshly cook and not one that has been sitting there for a while Happy
snow conditions
@NickyJ,
I bet if they had a ski-through Ikea it would take at least 2 hours to find your way out.

But at least they’d have some decent meatballs and fascinating activities for the kids.
If bitterly cold, everyone could warm their hands around their tea candles.
What with all that and wall to wall ABBA music, a Bash to Sweden must be on the cards?

Not that I ever stereotype.
snowHead
ski holidays
Brilliant! I thought the Zermatt one (poss Chamonix) was the closest to the piste you could get...
snow report
ski thru Starbucks in Lake Tahoe, strange experience but has to be done!!
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/Ep8ZTZodtqA
snow conditions
There was one in Pamporovo (Bulgaria) on my first ever ski trip back in, oooh, 2003 I think? Tasted like cardboard but at least I paid about a tenth the usual price..

No idea if it is still there though.

There weren't many other dining options in that particular area I seem to recall.
latest report
McDo in Chamonix is quite good value, you can get a proper cup of tea (milk can be harder) and they have good wifi...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy