Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Aspen (plus a road trip round other areas) at the end of January.

Still over four weeks until we go - but I'm reading of lower than usual snow depths and not too much open at present....

Is there anybody out there at the moment Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mountainaddict, prolly best to wait for Horizon's next trip report.... he's out there right now I think. He always seems to come up with the goods and I believe he made some offerrings to Ullr Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^Good to know!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Relatively little snowfall so far this season, there's an average of about 45 cm - 55 cm scattered around the mountains be same here (Snowmass) or elsewhere throughout the region. Today was another nice day, sunny, cool and actually not overly busy. It's all packed. Wyoming has the highest amount so far. Things could change within two to three weeks. They are making and grooming as much as possible aided by colder temps.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 28-12-17 15:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm not skiing in Aspen, but based on skiing Vail and Breckenridge over the last four days: the snowfall over the last week has turned a very poor season start into a reasonable one, if not for Colorado, at least by average European Alps standard (I know of course that this year is excellent in Europe). Resorts are opening more terrain daily.

If you want to be certain of a better base and you can still change destinations, then yes Jackson Hole is the best bet. But of course it's possible that Colorado will be going off by that time.

Just to show that good snow can be found with a bit of luck and patience - the opening of Chair 6 at Breck today was fun:

horizon jr:

jr again:

me:

(Images taken on the second and third run, we were too busy skiing untracked snow for the first one)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that horizon - great pics that (in isolation) could almost tempt me to stick with our Aspen/Colorado road trip at the end of January.

But - as detailed in the US Drought thread - we need to make a definite decision on where we are headed by 14th Jan so that (if needed) we can cancel our Aspen Snowmass digs without penalty.

Jackson Hole (plus maybe Big Sky) could yet be beckoning...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Vail is in decent condition despite it being a poor snow year. Snow last week covered up most of the bare patches in the back bowls. It's still a bit thin in places but fun all the same.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict will be on his way home now, so it will be interesting to see how he got on in the Colorado snow drought.... Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Should at least have some snow to look forward to in Weardale when he gets back home Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's snowing in Vail this morning - not the best day to be going home Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy