Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal package cost reduced almost 25% after my purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you want unfair, do a cost comparison with school holidays. I think it’s horribly unfair that some of my kids’ friends never go on holiday, because their families can’t afford to go in holiday time. We are fortunate enough for it not to be an issue but many aren’t.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bambionskiis wrote:
If you want unfair, do a cost comparison with school holidays. I think it’s horribly unfair that some of my kids’ friends never go on holiday, because their families can’t afford to go in holiday time. We are fortunate enough for it not to be an issue but many aren’t.

Oh yeah. That’s an absolute abuse.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gustavobs, I really don't understand your problem. Crystal offered you a price and you accepted it. That agreement didn't restrict Crystal to making similar, if different, agreements with other people.

You will get the holiday you paid for. What's your problem?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair wrote:
@Gustavobs, I really don't understand your problem. Crystal offered you a price and you accepted it. That agreement didn't restrict Crystal to making similar, if different, agreements with other people.

If you think that’s fine to you alright. If I reserve a product giving my money anticipated to a business instead of keeping it in my savings, and before receiving the product came to find out the price is now significantly less than what’s I’ve paid I will always get mad.

I’ve bought with an “early booking discount” so they induce to think you are really paying less, not only making sure you get what you want

To me many people that’s fine so I guess it’s personal but many other businesses offer price drop guarantee.

Still annoys me but nothing I can do now than it’s over. Next year someone will perhaps pay higher prices and I will pay much less in a last minute deal if I decide to use a to again. No early funding any TO again.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 17-02-18 7:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gustavobs wrote:
Alastair wrote:

If you think that’s fine to you alright. If I reserve a product giving my money anticipated to a business instead of keeping it in my savings, and before receiving the product came to find out the price is now significantly less than what’s I’ve paid I will always get mad.

To me many people that’s fine so I guess it’s personal but many other businesses offer price drop guarantee.

Still annoys me but nothing I can do now than it’s over. Next year someone will perhaps pay higher prices and I will pay much less in a last minute deal. Not very fair to me but won’t early fund any TO again.

For years we only skied last minute (though in reality we often saw great deals 4 weeks in advance so booked them), as it was just the two of us, we could be flexible with booking our leave so could go low season and we didn’t really care where we went as long as we had snow.

Now we have kids in tow, need to go peak so we book early to get the best deals while ensuring we have the facilities we want. Yes I have sometimes seen last minute Christmas and Easter breaks but you can’t guarantee availability of childcare and lessons when doing it so haven’t done them yet. As the kids are getting older and better skiers we may well do.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gustavobs, Its not a pleasant feeling realising you have had your leg lifted even worse when you get to resort and find the folks on the next table have paid several hundred pounds less than you as it makes your holiday unpleasant dont let it get to you as you may feel you have wasted alot more than a couple of hundred £, I reckon the practice is one of the biggest reasons that self sorting has become more popular, but there are a lot of factors which need considering such as currency movements, demand, T/O reading a particular market trend wrong 18 months or more in advance etc etc. The approach we use is to use the T/O upto date price as a starting point then see if we can get exactly what we want wether it be dates standard of hotel resort transport etc to match or improve upon the T/O in more ways than just price.Over the last few years have ended up organising everything ourselves. In most instances although it has not always worked out cheaper just better value especially if booking a long time in advance booking( we booked our march ski trip last sept diy} 1or 2 weeks in advance the T/O is often a good choice due to these discounts allowing for a compromise in resort or hotel but for short breaks diy is best .hope you enjoy your hols despite all and bear in mind that room allocation is often where the discount is
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From an emotional perspective I do understand your irritation, but it doesn't have any basis in reality. One would have to have been living in a cave for the last 50 years not to realise that last minute discounts are a fact of life. Never heard of lastminute.com? The concept of a 'price drop guarantee' is pretty new and in many cases it's a guarantee that you have to pay extra for. Easyjet have pretty much abandoned theirs. Pretty much every holiday company follows the same pricing policy:
1. Full price less small discount for early booking
2. Full price
3. Progressively discounted until margins become zero.

The fact that you paid x% well in advance doesn't make a huge difference to the TO's. It's nice for their cash flow but the upfront percentage is usually relatively small so they aren't about to throw away all their profit margin in return.

As a previous poster asked, if the price of a good/service subsequently increases would you be happy to be asked to pay the increase? Either you are happy with fixed prices or you aren't.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gustavobs wrote:
Alastair wrote:

If you think that’s fine to you alright.

Splendid. I would hate to think that you were the kind of twit who expects or assumes some kind of price guarantee when no such guarantee has been offered.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swings and roundabouts....

Just looked at my Crystal ski holiday booked three weeks ago and its now up by £200pp.

Have another look at yours and you may be cheered up.

You should really never look again after booking, but sometimes you just cant help it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gyro wrote:

It wouldn’t cost much to Crystal minimise the frustration. They could get super loyal customers with some goodwill gesture and not nefessarily money back.

Other companies do, for many years I used skiworld as they gave me an additional £25 discount per person for repeat business. With a group of 10, this made it worthwhile.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steveee wrote:
Gyro wrote:

It wouldn’t cost much to Crystal minimise the frustration. They could get super loyal customers with some goodwill gesture and not nefessarily money back.

Other companies do, for many years I used skiworld as they gave me an additional £25 discount per person for repeat business. With a group of 10, this made it worthwhile.

But that’s a rather different thing. Customers were rewarded for repeat bookings, not given a sop because the price had dropped. I really can’t see a TO writing to their early bookers and saying “You probably didn’t know, but since you booked we’ve dropped our prices so everyone else is paying £200 less than you. As a thank you for paying premium prices we’re attaching a voucher for a free cocktail on your first night”
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy