Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter Olympics 2018 - Pyeongchang

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/43021649

BBC wrote:
A Russian speed skater dedicated his country's first medal of the Winter Olympics to his compatriots who have been banned from the Games in "such a hard and unfair way".

Semen Elistratov, who won bronze for the Olympic Athletes from Russia (OAR) team, is under investigation from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for his comments.

On sticky ground, IMV.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@altis, His off the ̶w̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ cuff remarks sound like the outpourings of a nut... maybe two.

*gets coat*
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Olympics Podcast #3 is now available
https://soundcloud.com/knowledge-is-powder-ski-podcast/daily-winter-olympic-special-day-3

We discover that Aimee Fuller has scored some Burberry slippers and that there are no plans (yet!) to extend the Games...

BTW re the farcical 'OAR', you might as well describe Team GB as 'Olympic Athletes from Great Britain'. Definitely a topic for another blog.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fingers crossed today for Alex Tilley - goddaughter of a neighbour.

https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/alpine-skiing/athlete-profile-n3036476-alex-tilley.htm
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Her race has been postponed to Thursday due to strong winds, I think
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
iainm wrote:
Day 2 Podcast now live... Very Happy
https://soundcloud.com/knowledge-is-powder-ski-podcast/daily-winter-olympic-special-day-2

Be careful about turning on 'Dancing on Ice' and getting confused with the Olympics... wink

Oh dear I listened to that and wished I hadn't bothered. Think you're on a losing battle rereading the results that we've already seen and heard via the BBC with not really any enhanced insight.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
altis wrote:
Fingers crossed today for Alex Tilley - goddaughter of a neighbour.

That's as tenuous as me saying hello to Marie Dorin at Lidl.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
iainm wrote:
Her race has been postponed to Thursday due to strong winds, I think

The wind is starting to have a real impact - postponements hitting the downhill events, and the women's slopestyle final surrounded by controversy, with many saying it shouldn't have gone ahead.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Watching the moguls makes my knees hurt
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not sure if it was down to the wind (I don't watch much women's snowboarding) but they seem streets behind the current level of the men
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Potential for Britain’s first medal of the games? Elise Christie in the speed skating - the final (should she make it) will be at 12pm.

00:05-02:00: Curling - mixed doubles bronze-medal match
01:00-02:40: Snowboarding - women's halfpipe
02:30-04:10 & 06:00-07:25: Alpine skiing - men's combined
08:30-09:45 & 11:00-13:00: Cross country skiing - men's and women's individual classic
10:00-12:11: Short-track speed skating - women's 500m
10:30-12:55: Luge - women's final runs
11:00-12:45: Speed skating - men's 1500m
11:05-13:20: Curling - mixed doubles gold-medal match
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bennisboy, women’s snowboarding isn’t on par with the men but it’s also not that bad, the wind was clearly a big issue. In fact the wind was an issue for a number of the men too, even though it was less gusty during their event.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The womens slopestyle was well down on form due to the conditions. Scoring was well down - for comparison, Jonesies bronze run from 4 years ago would have netted her gold this year on points - in fact, Jamie Andersons winning run would've got her 6th in 2014.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Richard_Sideways, @SnoodlesMcFlude, ah I thought that might be the case, definite shame that they weren't allowed to be at their best
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In response to complaints by competitors in the women's slopestyle event about the decision to allow it to take place in 30mph crosswinds, a FIS spokeswoman defended the decision, adding "Nobody is forced to go down and compete." Shocked

Well yes, nobody is forced to go down and compete (unless of course you want a chance of winning an Olympic medal)....
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes - thanks for the review Dave, I'll read that one out tomorrow!

@Alastair Pink - I'm with you on that. I mentioned yesterday in the pod that Aimee was told they had the best weather window of the week. I suspect they laid that on thick with the suggestion that if it didn't happen then, there would be the risk it wouldn't happen at all.
latest report
Funny then that they postponed ground level events but chose to carry on with the airborne ones.
snow report
^this. Frankly, its offensive - particularly as they postponed other events that day due to the wind. The athletes are *possibly* not the best to judge though as they have so much invested in the competition. IMO this is where the coaches should have stepped in and questioned the safety aspect of holding the event in those conditions.
ski holidays
Today's pod is live: http://www.skipedia.co.uk/2018/02/the-winter-olympics-ski-podcast-not-live-from-pyeongchang-2018/
Make sure you subscribe to get it first...before you hear the same stuff on the BBC wink
latest report
iainm wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes - thanks for the review Dave, I'll read that one out tomorrow!

Hey if you're a fan of the Bugle you can make me the " F you Marmottes" of your podcast if you like.

As I've said like the regular podcast not sure the daily Olympic one works unless you have a top line on scurrilous gossip.
snow report
Just saw the women's snowboard halfpipe final, looks like the conditions were much more favourable, some very impressive runs in there!
ski holidays
I clearly don't understand short-track - is the Canadian girl the luckiest in the world? Seems to me, throughout the women's 500m from the heats onwards, it's the victims of argy-bargy that have been penalised
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes - damn, didn't see the 'F you Marmottes' comment until too late, but it's in here today Very Happy :
https://soundcloud.com/knowledge-is-powder-ski-podcast/daily-winter-olympic-special-day-5

We have Will on today on the line direct from Seoul, bit of gossip via Aimee Fuller on Shaun White...
ski holidays
The coolest ginger in town/the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/13/shaun-white-snowboard-halfpipe-gold-scotty-james
snow report
Quote:

The coolest ginger in town/the world.

Great run from the flying tomato, whats more impressive is that somehow he's 31!
Could have sworn he was still in his early 20s. This makes me feel old Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Have to say that Hirschers slalom run was epic given the snow blowing across the bottom of the gates, mega hard to get close when you can't even see them. He is a machine.
snow report
Just caught up with the men's superpipe final, all I can say is wow. They just kept taking it to a higher and higher level. Massive props to White for taking gold with the very last run, can't imagine the pressure on him!

Genuinely left me a little bit lost for words! snowHead
snow report
Fab run by Shaun White. Interesting/Baffled to see some of the comments on social media by people getting their knickers in a twist about the fact he let the American Flag tough the floor rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snow_badger, it is viewed as disrespectful. That said it is not meant to be worn as apparel or festooned around shoulders either
ski holidays
They'll lose their poo-poo when they find out its been wrapped round sweaty ballsacks and arsecracks for years

http://us.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/collections/collections1/folds-of-honor.html

I even have some Darn Tough stars n stripes ski socks and I can assure you the fragrance is not one of respect wink
snow report
@snow_badger, Americans are weird about their flag (especially as it is used as a print for bikinis and underwear all the time)
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, I fully understand that, but Im sure he didnt mean any disrespect. Quite clearly you can see that hes rather overcome with emotion, so to see the comments on social media about it is just madness
latest report
snow_badger wrote:
@holidayloverxx, I fully understand that, but Im sure he didnt mean any disrespect. Quite clearly you can see that hes rather overcome with emotion, so to see the comments on social media about it is just madness

It's almost as if they had a president who shoots his gob off about things on social media that he cloaks in patriotism to hide his nuttiness...
ski holidays
snow_badger wrote:
Fab run by Shaun White. Interesting/Baffled to see some of the comments on social media by people getting their knickers in a twist about the fact he let the American Flag tough the floor rolling eyes

he's delusional if he thinks he can make the 2020 olympics with skating though lol
snow report
Bennisboy wrote:
@snow_badger, Americans are weird about their flag (especially as it is used as a print for bikinis and underwear all the time)

Not weird just we have some different customs regarding the flag, and you don't drag it along the ground like that. He marred an otherwise great performance.
latest report
@essex, have never understood the American culture around the flag and anthem. He's represented the country in an amazing way and people are worried about a bit of cloth? I find it bizarre, my priorities would be completely the other way round, and as others above have pointed out the flag is used in far worse ways that are accepted without question.
latest report
essex wrote:
Bennisboy wrote:

Not weird just we have some different customs regarding the flag, and you don't drag it along the ground like that. He marred an otherwise great performance.

I rest my case Razz

You don't marr a gold medal performance for the ages by letting a flag touch the ground, guarantee no other country would be bothered. An athlete full of emotion who had many other things on his mind was not being insulting, just celebrating his moment
latest report
He's got a track record for flags

The whole flag ceremony/ flag code is interesting - basically a device to unite a disparate body of states and cultures and appropriated militarily and politically at every opportunity. I always think there is some basic insecurity at its heart that being American is not enough and kids/citizens need to be reminded on a daily basis - perhaps understandable given the civil war wasn't that long ago.
snow report
The origin of alpine skiing - telemark - is not an Olympic sport. Jasmine Taylor GB has now won 3 gold medals this season and is doing really well. Please sign her petition to get telemark into the Olympics.

https://www.change.org/p/olympic-telemark-ski-racing-make-telemark-skiing-an-olympic-sport

Thanks
latest report
Olympics is not something I would wish on any sport.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy