Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

177 Latigos - minty

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Blizzard Latigos in a 177. These have three days on them and are in near mint condition. I should have bought the 184 and they are too short for me. My loss is (potentially) your gain. Skis have been mounted once for a warden with a 327mm bsl. Make me an offer.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might be helpful if I put a price on these. I would take £135 without bindings. Or thereabouts.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bargain. Great skis.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
interested
@spyderjon, how differently do these ski to a cheater GS?
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jedster wrote:
interested
@spyderjon, how differently do these ski to a cheater GS?

Not as stiff as a race ski build and of course they don't have a binding plate like all of the race skis (well I can't think of a cheater GS that you can get in the flat). The race skis are also full camber whereas the Latigo's have tip rocker so they're more forgiving in variable stuff etc & therefore you need to ski the Latigo longer. IIRC the 177cm Latigo has 17m radius so still a little more turnier than a cheater GS.

T'was a shame that Blizzard dropped them as they make a great hard snow quiver ski when combined with something fatter, especially as being 'in the flat' they could be Quiver Killer'd etc. Problem was that they were a pricey ski (top end double metal layer & sidewall construction) trying to compete against the big named piste skis which you could get at the same price but with a rail/plate binding system included.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@spyderjon, Iíve got a pair of these and they are amazing. Iíve noticed the tip plan profile is slightly different on left and right of ski, Is this because they are handed, when the bull head is correct the two tips make a very slight pointed shape, worn the opposite they make a splayed shape. At my level I donít notice a difference but am curious if they are handed. Have traced profile of first250cm from tip onto paper and compared them and one side is reasonably straight when compared to the other.
Ta
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@enigma, I've just dusted mine off and waxed them for Hemel tomorrow (normally on magnums there) and can confirm my tip profile has a difference on the internal edge too (straighter). Keep meaning to get mine QK by Mr C.

@gorilla, good luck with the sale at that price they really should be snapped up.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 9-02-18 23:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Absolutely adore mine! Grippy and very quick edge 2 edge. Great in bumps and they love the hard packed stuff. Big shame they have been discontinued. Fitted with QKs by Mr. C and alternate with WD Carbon Preachers for 'fluffy' days. If you are still thinking about them...snap them up now - you won't regret it!
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now sold to the first guy who got in touch. Thanks to all who expressed interest.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy