Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WANTED: Slalom skis

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Looking for a pair of cheap slalom skis - they're only to use in the Chill Factore a handful of times a year at the slalom race training sessions, so don't mind if they're battered, as long as they've some life left in them. I'm finding my wide, long touring set up is a little restrictive!

I'm 182cm and 75kg so fine on standard 165cm length.

Cheers Very Happy
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got a pair of salomon 3V race powerline in 165 available. They're a few years old but in excellent condition and with plenty of life left. If you're interested I can send you some pics by PM.
Where are you based?
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in Manchester - what sort of money you looking for? PM me if you'd prefer.
Cheers
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have some Rossignol 9s 176 in excellent condition but no longer needed. I'm a touch taller and heavier than you and they are a little short for me so could suit you better.
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got some volkl racetigers 163's. 65mm (very quick turning) underfoot, 13.8 turn radius. A few years old but in decent condition. I had them given but they were 'too much' for me to ski all day on! I'm not far from Manchester also.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PM sent
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dashed, I would suggest that you go shorter than 165cm, most adults will be on 155cm ones or even shorter.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dashed, ive a pair of 165 Rossi 9slís that Iím looking to shift. A couple years old and Loads of edge left on them and Iím in manchester if you wanted to have a look.
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@aj_ski, @Whitty, you've both got inbound PMs!
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dashed, Talk to your coaches at CFe, they will tell you to use 155cm max.
ski holidays     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rjs, I'll take what I can get that's cheap tbh! I'm not taking this too seriously and anything is going to be better that 190cm, 90mm rockered skis with touring bindings wink

Plus all the size charts I've looked at put me fair and square in the middle of 165cm ??
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FS: Head XRC piste skis, 163cm £50
163 cm long, 116/65/100

They look like this
http://www.ski-review.com/ski_reviews/review/head_i.xrc_800_2007/

£50 ONO can be viewed at /picked up from Sheffield
I am driving to Manchester Airport Sunday late afternoon so could meet up if convenient
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dashed wrote:
@rjs, I'll take what I can get that's cheap tbh! I'm not taking this too seriously and anything is going to be better that 190cm, 90mm rockered skis with touring bindings wink

Plus all the size charts I've looked at put me fair and square in the middle of 165cm ??

rjs is right, you need the smaller skis race training in domes and on dry slope to to how the course are set.
ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitty wrote:
I've got some volkl racetigers 163's. 65mm (very quick turning) underfoot, 13.8 turn radius. A few years old but in decent condition. I had them given but they were 'too much' for me to ski all day on! I'm not far from Manchester also.

how much you looking for these if OP doesn't want them?
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mother hucker wrote:
Whitty wrote:

how much you looking for these if OP doesn't want them?

I did PM Whitty about these last week and not had any response. Iím still interested in them! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions     
Sorry guys for late response. My phone died on me last week and only just got back online. I've answered your message. I was thinking £40.
ski holidays     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy