Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Clothing superstitions?

Poster: A snowHead
Reminded by the oldest jacket thread - does anyone else get superstitious about what they wear? I love buying new gear, from socks to outers, but on skis/board (as opposed to walking or mountains) I am really, really cautious about wearing it for the first, sometimes subsequent, times. Same old tights, old t-shirts, base layers, same old jacket, trousers, scarf, buffs, even gloves... (Then again, I was still wearing them when my ACLs went ski-about Confused )
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nope. Always excited by new kit Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No... that's just weird
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm amazed you even get to the slopes, with all that obsessing, overthinking and general superstitiousness. wink

I think you need a therapist! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nope, love the new stuff, if I could disregard "save the planet" and afford a butler and chamberperson I'd have fresh and new sheets/gloves/socks every day.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scamper wrote:
...and afford a butler...

That just might be my gadget for next year. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Old Fartbag, I believe they’re called Hus-bands nowadays. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Old Fartbag wrote:
Scamper wrote:
...and afford a butler...

That just might be my gadget for next year. Madeye-Smiley

Will go well with your whistle 😁
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What you want a butler or you want to be one?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ALQ wrote:
@Old Fartbag, I believe they’re called Hus-bands nowadays. Confused

Why do you think I want one!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
essex wrote:
What you want a butler or you want to be one?

I want a Butler, so I can send him into the Ski-Through Mc Donalds and pick me up a Burger at lunchtime. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My 'I-have-to-do-it-like-this ' routine is about where everything I carry goes in my pockets. No changey-mindey- all the bits have their exact place! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charliegolf wrote:
My 'I-have-to-do-it-like-this ' routine is about where everything I carry goes in my pockets. No changey-mindey- all the bits have their exact place! Very Happy

Me too...otherwise it becomes a game of Pelmanism.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Old Fartbag, Jeez! Just tryin' to be sociable.
I'm really very surprised: everyone I know who's seriously into their sport, music, art etc is no less "obsessed" ( most much more so) by trying to understand and get it right, get better, think it through, learn, etc. Clearly Snowheads are in a different league though and never need to do any of that in order to be as good as they can.
Many people whom I know, and other well-known ones whom I don't, including very good extreme sports and motorcycling people ( and my butler and chauffeur), are highly superstitious about their clothing, equipment, routines, the order in which they put things on or get ready, etc etc. Again, really really surprised that no-one here is.
Or maybe not...
latest report
Grizzler wrote:
I'm really very surprised: everyone I know who's seriously into their sport, music, art etc is no less "obsessed" ( most much more so) by trying to understand and get it right, get better, think it through, learn, etc. Clearly Snowheads are in a different league though and never need to do any of that in order to be as good as they can.
Many people whom I know, and other well-known ones whom I don't, including very good extreme sports and motorcycling people ( and my butler and chauffeur), are highly superstitious about their clothing, equipment, routines, the order in which they put things on or get ready, etc etc. Again, really really surprised that no-one here is.
Or maybe not...

I was taking the Michael...but you do me the power of good, as you are even worse than me - and I wasn't sure that was possible.

I leave the superstitious routines to elite athletes (of which I am not one)....and most of my kit is so old, that even the moths find it unpalatable.
snow report
Nope, not superstitious about my clothing, but I do get worked up about hire skis; are they too soft, too wide, too long, too short, right for the conditions, etc.
snow report
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Nope, not superstitious about my clothing, but I do get worked up about hire skis; are they too soft, too wide, too long, too short, right for the conditions, etc.

Those "Goldilocks Skis" are hard to find.
snow conditions
Old Fartbag wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Those "Goldilocks Skis" are hard to find.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
No clothing superstitions or any superstitions come to that.
Love buying new gear, just justifying to the OH is the hard bit.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 14-02-18 20:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Grizzler wrote:
Or maybe not...

Eeeasy now..keep your hair on...no need to be grizzly.
Around here, it's known as faffing and you should learn (if you watch the entire video below) that the snowHead response to that is, and always will be....

http://youtube.com/v/X18mUlDddCc

Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy