Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faction Ct 3.0

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Colorado and my first trip with these skis.

Skied 3 days of Catskiing and 1 resort day on them. Snow was "patchy" for sure, and so haven't yet put them into anything deeper than boot top windblown snow, but for what it's worth, my thoughts...

In the soft(er) stuff they are really good. They inspire confidence, and once I got used to them being a little stiffer than the Movement Scoops they replaced, especially underfoot, I started really enjoying skiing them, even in the less than ideal conditions. In the spring like conditions we also saw, they were probably the most fun ski I've ever been on. I even started hunting out slush just to slash on them.
In the bumps they are also surprisingly good fun. For a 108mm ski they are super nimble, and the stiffness underfoot is quite a contrast to other skis of this size I've skied.

On firm cruisy pistes.... Wasn't such a fan. They don't seem to carve as well as the sidecut suggests they ought to, and so on moderate slopes your speed options are very fast, or very slow. That said, on the steeper pitches I found them very easy to do shorter turns due to the low weight and they are quite capable of flattening little accumulations of soft snow in a way that my old scoops aren't.

So my view would be that this is not a one quiver ski, as for me the carving performance is not good enough to want to ski them on a day which promises no soft snow. But as a chuckable pow ski or spring slush charger they've earned their place in the bag.

Only other thing of note is that the tips have cracked noticeably after just this amount of use, and I'm going to be getting out the exopy to make sure the core is not exposed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@flaming, I've got a pair and reckon the carving performance at all speeds is spot on! Incredibly versatile ski and have no cracking issues, which year are they, mine are the purple and red ones from 2016?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, They're the 2017, which are unchanged for this year, other than the graphics.

Others may like the carving, but for me the carving wasn't good enough to consider it an all mountain ski. Could be that you're a bit heavier than me perhaps? I'm about 75kg and was really struggling to bend them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@flaming, I'm around 72kg, different strokes etc........ Have you got the right length, I'm on the 182?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought the 186, think the length is about right.

Like I said, I really like the ski, but for me it's not a one ski does everything ski, but a soft snow ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How similar are they to the ct2.0? I skied on the 2.0s at Oktobertest and found them really fun and playful, really want to try them out on a mountain some time and see if they give me the same grin.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I don't know, I haven't skied the 2.0....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy