Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Must-Have Ski Gadgets

Poster: A snowHead
Waht are your must-have ski gadgets? Those little nick-nacks you can't do without?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skis Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boot warmers - great slipping your feet into warm dry boots

Hand cuffs for gloves
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dabber wrote:
skis Toofy Grin

Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fish_Head wrote:
Hand cuffs for gloves

What do you mean by hand cuffs. Do you mean the cuffs on your jacket that go into your gloves? Or are we talking a little apres ski bondage, here? Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Screaming Dave wrote:
Fish_Head wrote:
Hand cuffs for gloves

What do you mean by hand cuffs. Do you mean the cuffs on your jacket that go into your gloves? Or are we talking a little apres ski bondage, here? Embarassed

harness that go around your wrists & attach to gloves. They less than £5 a pair
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
burton step on bindings Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cant think of one. I have a few gadgets and can't remember the last time i used one
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cat tracks. Protect the soles of your ski boots and stop me falling a over t on icy footpaths!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cat tracks. Protect the soles of your ski boots and stop me falling a over t on icy footpaths!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Screaming Dave wrote:
Fish_Head wrote:
Hand cuffs for gloves

Here you go, not quite as fun as your version Laughing

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en/gloves/accessories/91871-handcuff-mens-100-35-mm-size-8-11/100560/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fish_Head wrote:

Hand cuffs for gloves

+1. I've never dropped a glove off a lift, so maybe they're not necessary, but I never have to worry about it or think twice.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I quite like the idea of the glove handcuffs, but I am struggling to think of many occasions when I want to take my gloves off but not take them off completely. These must be perfect if you want to take your gloves off on a lift, but I very rarely do.

Best gadgets for me are:

1.ski tracks app
2.SlipIn to ease my high arches into ski boots without the pain.
3. Padded sunglasses that keep the wind out.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A whistle to attract attention. Clipped to upper part of jacket, close enough to blow without unclipping.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boot heaters.
snow conditions
Outdoor Tech wireless audio chips.
snow report
PeakyB wrote:
A whistle to attract attention. Clipped to upper part of jacket, close enough to blow without unclipping.

Is that so we don’t need to tap our poles? 😀
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu wrote:
PeakyB wrote:

Is that so we don’t need to tap our poles? 😀

As well as a Whistle, I have a Light and a Toggle to pull to inflate the Life Jacket, in the event I ski into a Lake. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Boot heaters.

Do you mean things to keep your feet warm while skiing or things to dry your boots after a day skiing?
latest report
Apart from boot dryers... and yes to the Hestra glove straps too... here's a great thingy I picked up in Whistler - especially useful for Hestra owners, as they don't have any wipers built in

adjustable velcro, strap it over your thumb

latest report
@foxtrotzulu, @Old Fartbag, whistle mainly for when gone off side of easy green track, tumbled 50m down into forest and bears or wolves approaching. A whistle scares the sh*t out of them.
Also for when ski buddies go to wrong lift, within earshot. Three short blasts cause appropriate embarrassment and bring to heel.
Finally for now, to make more noise if outside Folie Douce or similar apres hotspots.
A whistle, cheap, nothing much to break, needs no signal, no batteries, looks cool clipped to jacket, I commend it to the snowHead house. snowHead
ski holidays
The boot tool, although I don't think they do them anymore
https://uktraveleditor.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/must-have-ski-gadgets-reviewed/

Actually, something similar
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Randall-Innovations-RSK20011-Ski-Key-Buckler/dp/B0186J0ZBA/ref=sr_1_19_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1517822132&sr=8-19-spons&keywords=the+ski+boot+tool&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 5-02-18 9:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu wrote:
I quite like the idea of the glove handcuffs, but I am struggling to think of many occasions when I want to take my gloves off but not take them off completely. ...

Wrist loops (you just need a leash, it doesn't have to be big and branded) are really good for back-country photography, especially when combined with mitts. You can set up much quicker if you can just dump your gloves.
ski holidays
after years of battling with goggles that don't fit over my specs or specs misting up I am looking forward to trying my new helmet with built in visor.
latest report
PeakyB wrote:
@foxtrotzulu, @Old Fartbag, whistle mainly for when gone off side of easy green track, tumbled 50m down into forest and bears or wolves approaching. A whistle scares the sh*t out of them.
Also for when ski buddies go to wrong lift, within earshot. Three short blasts cause appropriate embarrassment and bring to heel.
Finally for now, to make more noise if outside Folie Douce or similar apres hotspots.
A whistle, cheap, nothing much to break, needs no signal, no batteries, looks cool clipped to jacket, I commend it to the snowHead house. snowHead

Sounds eminently sensible to me. Toofy Grin
latest report
Altimeter - for recording vertical skied (though a number of Apps also do that - & more - now).
latest report
Have to say that for the past couple of months I've been using Drysure Extreme Boot Dryers and they really do what they say on the tin!

They are, quote - "Dries footwear 12 times faster than traditional airdrying. No need for batteries or electricity and can be reused multiple times, so is great for the environment and protects feet against fungi and bacteria."

They are so easy, get back home and just slip them in and next morning boots are totally dry. I'm really looking forward to using them in the Spring as when ski touring my feet do get really sweaty.

And at £30 a bargain
snow report
@Weathercam, I had something very similiar years and years ago, think they had some "wacky" name for them based on the phallic shape at the time
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A home-made extension lead with a euro plug at one end and four UK sockets at the other. These days I’d make sure it had some USB power sockets too.
ski holidays
altis wrote:
A home-made extension lead with a euro plug at one end and four UK sockets at the other. These days I’d make sure it had some USB power sockets too.

if you take a laptop, a euro plug for the power pack is always useful.
latest report
Does a travel kettle and packet of tea bags count as a ski gadget?
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
Does a travel kettle and packet of tea bags count as a ski gadget?

...if the tea is Earl Gray, then absolutely.
latest report
@Old Fartbag, why bother with Earl Grey teabags? Just dangle a used ski sock in a cup of warm water for the same taste Twisted Evil
snow report
If you are going to France a bed that is longer than 5'8" is worth tucking into your suitcase as well.
ski holidays
- A cheaper watch. Don't lose your £1000 Swiss watch on a mountain (I did)... get a £20 Casio digital and wear your nice one for dinner.
- Leki Trigger poles. I love the quick clip-in clip-out Leki poles with the pole straps that live on your hands.
- ResqSki ski finders... spyderjon sells it, makes skis quick to find when buried in powder, used 2 weeks ago, does actually work
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@Old Fartbag, why bother with Earl Grey teabags? Just dangle a used ski sock in a cup of warm water for the same taste Twisted Evil

Heathen!
ski holidays
decent skis, and in early Jan thermals.......
ski holidays
@SnoodlesMcFlude,
Very Happy Very Happy
I couldn't agree more!
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude,
Very Happy Very Happy
I couldn't agree more!

Add a little Lapsang Souchong, and you're good to go.

There must be a more upmarket Ski Forum I could join, as this one is full of Heathens? Razz Toofy Grin

I blame Brexit! rolling eyes
snow conditions
@coops1967, looks like it would be a bit rough on the nose ............
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy