Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kingpin forward pressure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just out on the first ski day of the year. I'm running kingpins that I've used for a few trips now but today they clipped out really easily earlier and just standing still and giving it a bit of a sideways stamp they seem to pop out too easily. I haven't touched them over the off season and I've double checked the forward pressure and as far as I can tell, it's supposedly fine (screw flush with housing when clipped in). Din is set to 7.5 so it seems like it shouldn't be coming out with the force that I've given it. I checked before the off season and was told it was fine to leave the din as it was rather than winding it off so not really sure what's going on. Anyone got any ideas? At the moment I've just put a bit more forward pressure on which isn't ideal. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@el nombre, think you've just about tried everything you can do yourself , can you get to a good backcountry shop / rental outlet that can check the release values properly ? as you say not ideal to tighten forward release , only other thing to look at is to check the ski/walk switch is engaging properly Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe something in the pin holes in the boot(s), ice, crud???
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Releasing from the toe of the heel?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Releasing from the heel. I did check for crap in the toe bits but didn't look like there was anything wrong with them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Remove the upper heel units & check for cracking on the rails (female).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok so I finally got round to taking the heel off (friend took the skis back so they ended up in a different place to me) and can't see anything wrong with them. The only thing that didn't look as it should were two little shavings of plastic that I assume have come off the worm drive bit but I'd be surprised if this had any effect at all, particularly in this instance. Does anyone have any other ideas? I'm heading back out again in a week so I might try and find somewhere that could test the release settings but I'm not sure how many places would have the necessary equipment to do this for tech bindings. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere in/around St Gervais that might be able to do it? Thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@el nombre, 2 years ago I wanted somewhere to check the retention/release values of my Beast bindings in the Chamonix valley. Went to Snell, Intersport, Sanglard, Concept Pro, Ravanell, etc. The lot. No one had a Test rig, and most had never even heard of one. For Alpine or tech bindings. Nothing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/
In sallanches might be able to help.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HammondR, why am I not surprised?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
el nombre wrote:
Releasing from the heel. I did check for crap in the toe bits but didn't look like there was anything wrong with them.

Vertical/forward or lateral release?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@HammondR, bodes well Sad

@spyderjon, it's lateral heel release
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy