Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm looking for recommendation on split-board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm would like to buy split snowboard, last year I was use a rossignol splitb-oard, it was not fun at all to surf on it really hard to control and super heavy, I'm looking for recommendation on split-board that it will be fun to use it.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@yariv_har, my son has just upgraded his Jones split to the new amplid and absolutely loves it

https://www.amplid.com/free/en/snowboards/443/milligram-split?c=115
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In your experience the feeling is like a regular board or you still feel the difference, and which binding are you recommend to use with this board ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@yariv_har, give my son james a message via the link on my post www.splitboardcollective.com/#splitboard-adventures and im sure he will be happy to give you his thoughts

never going to be the same as a full one piece board but they are getting better all the time
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not a recommendation as such but worth noting. Was due to upgrade to a second hand 2017 Salomon Sick Stick, had a crack in the topsheet and on googling sounds like others had issues with the board too, cracking under the bindings etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the Jones Boards are considered one of the best split manufactures on the market yet even they don't perform as well as normal board.

I think Neil McNab modifies his split with a lightweight removable bar to stop the board twisting into a V shape under edge hold pressure. This post is a couple of years old but worth a read, I can't comment if the market/manufactures have managed to solve some of the issues highlighted here... unless you ask the man himself?

https://mcnabsnowboarding.com/buying-splitboard-kit-heres-a-few-tips-about-what-works-and-what-doesnt/

Good luck
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interesting differences in rider weight, in the Amplid and Jones sizing charts.

I'm 85kg and would have chosen something 163/164. Jones has me bang in the middle of the 164 weight range, Amplid has me on the ragged top edge.

Perhaps I need to diet a bit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I absolutely LOVE my Amplid Milligram split with spark bindings.

It is a joy to ride, absolute joy.

Re performance versus a sold - of course there will be some compromises but in good conditions I don't think you can tell.

Riding on piste, sure you can tell a *little bit* but I accidentally had a long weekend entirely on hard packed pistes on my Milligram (planned touring but weather was too bad) and I thoroughly enjoyed riding it and I wasn't longing for my Jones MT solid.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Currently riding the Amplid Creamer 163 with the new Spark Surge bindings. The board is superb, but the real revelation for me is the new Sparks. Super-stiff and responsive, some people even comment they're too stiff, but I love them.

Riding it on-piste, I just forget it's a split now, just find myself doing all the same riding and messing around (eurocarves, jibs, spins) that I do on any board.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy