Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine area expert?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! Just wondering if there's anyone out there who knows the Flaine ski area really well? If so, please can you tell me if it is possible to reach the top of Fred from the top of the Diamant Noir lift - without taking any other lifts???

Thanks!

S
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sonj, if you are on the Diamont Noir lift this will take you to just below the top station for the Grand Platieres (AKA the DMC) cable car. You can ski from there round the top station on the Amethyste red run through to Mephisto Superieure if it is open. This then takes you to the Lindars Nord chairlift and the top of Fred.

So you need one lift to get to the top of Fred from where you are as there is a valley between the top of Diamont Noir and Fred
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As aforementioned. The other choice however is not to take the Diamant Noir, but to take the Aups de Veran (otherwise known as The Eggs) to the top of Mephisto and skate across a few yards to the bottom of the Lindars Chair, which takes you to the top of Fred. Its a nasty little old hard two man chair though so watch your bits! 😬!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aup de Veran did away with eggs a few years ago! Nice normal bubble now. It is the best way to get to the Lindars chair though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The answer is no - Fred is only accessible using the lift (or climbing obviously). The top of Fred is the top of the ski area I believe. Fred is a brilliant run when conditions are good... but the lift is very slow... the black run is also good fun, but not for the faint hearted.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i.e. from both gondolas - you can get to the 'bottom' of Fred - not the top
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We took Aup de Veran and then the two man lindars nord chair (think that's its name). Fred is an excellent run particularly if you do it on a sunny day - great view at the top!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy