Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaud - Leyisn, les Diablerets, Villars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There's been a lot of snow, and a lot of avalanches, in the Vaud Alps. As a result transport has been disrupted, but with typical Swiss efficiency replacement buses have been drafted in while mountain railways get cleared. Unfortunately warmer weather has left off-piste conditions pretty poor, and the valley run back into central Villars is pretty patchy (although the runs to the bottom of the gondola stations in Villars and Barboleuse are fine). Valley runs in Les Diablerets and Leysin are good, but heavy in the afternoon. It almost feels like Spring conditions, but colder weather is forecast and there is plenty of snow around so it looks promising that there will be good on-piste conditions until Easter.

The Isenau area of les Diablerets is closed for the season because of the state of the gondola, which is a shame, but with so many runs open the other side of the village it's not a great issue - but do hope they can get the funds to re-open it sometime in the future.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did the snow in the last 24hrs make much difference off piste? I'll be out (staying in Aigle) from tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend and was hoping to find some fresh!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good at Leysin on Friday, lots of snow on and off piste but it was mega at Glacier 3000 today. Cold fresh powder and almost empty. Faceshots and fresh tracks all day. Couldnt believe it!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were just up the road at Les Mosses for the first half of the week and the pistes were good to firm, sunny, lovely conditions. Drove the motorhome to Charmey (900m - 1600m) wednesday evening and on thursday morning I had the entire ski area to myself for over an hour with 20-25cm of fresh on every piste! Friday was pisted snowboard carving heaven, yesterday it firmed up a bit but there is still lots of untracked between the pistes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm still choosing where to head tomorrow for mostly piste stuff (I'll be on my own) within 30mins drive or so of Aigle. PdS was fun today but just and tracked out. I was thinking of Villars/Diablerets? Charmey is further but if there is untracked slack country I could be tempted!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charmey is smallish and has been very busy today, as would everywhere have been, I doubt if much is left off the side. Les Mosses is on a col and has loads of high speed easy open blues, and reds and even the black! It will be virtually empty except for a few very novice groups. All drags though but all straightforward.

I enjoy big carves so for me Les Mosses was better than Les Diablerets, both the same distance from Aigle. I haven't got to Villars yet. Pistes getting firmer by the day but staying below freezing even at 900m which makes a change.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I chose Villars and spent most of my time in Diablerets. Flat light first thing but great piste conditions.

Amazingly there were still fresh turns to be had in the trees of the Mazots area so I spent a good couple of hours tracking it out lapping the Ruvine T-bar
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy