Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your views on Wengen, Murren & Grindelwald (reprise)

Poster: A snowHead
You are so right about that David snowHead

Wengen all the way for me.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, im sure we must have another Mürren fan than me on this forum and not just Wengen folk!!..

This year we flew to Bern with Inghams(flight only) and out of the 50 people only 6 followed us to Mürren. I am glad really as i keeps the Mürren slopes empty for ME.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris did you happen to notice who Inghams had used as their flight provider ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup,a Jersey owed airline, Flybe (or as Jersey folk call them, 'maybe' ,as they are always late).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris I went with them Southampton Geneva scheduled return, flights left dead on time, maybe they just have a problem with big airports ? Mind you if they flew Southampton to Bern I'd be a really happy fellow, that would make it about 4.5 hours door to door from home to hotel !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, Flybe and BA are the 2 major players that service the Channel Islands and out of the 2 one is mostly on time and the other is not !!

On the way out from Gatwick we arrived an hour late and on the return we waited at Berne airport for 3 hours for our flight to arrive. Inghams tried to soften the delay by dropping us of in a near by town for an hour except it was about 4pm and everything was closed...but at least they tried..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nearest proper town would I guess be Thun at the other end of Lake Thun to Interlaken, if you were dropped off their I can undersatnd your unhappiness even when open it doesn't have a huge range of shops, but as you say at least they tried. I guess that because your flight was in the afternoon that it came from somewher else first which caused the delay, My flight into Geneva was the first of the day and the return was I think the return leg of that same journey so not that much chance of a delay.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going on a chartered flight you must expect some delays but not over three hours in a very very small airport with nothing to do except drink. I knew what i was getting myself in for as i had done it previous years before changing to driving down. At least doing it your way you don't have the delays just the long train journey which i don't mind as the trains are clean,fast and on time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah and cos I went mid week it cost me £51 return which ment that I could affor to upgrade my Swiss Transfer Ticket to first class, very nice indeed, still Southampton to Bern would be very nice Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The amount of travelling time and waiting around airports etc it's quicker for us to drive. This year we are taking the dogs again for Xmas/New Year so will be driving. Then back again(flying) in Feb 04 for a week.... snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd never stay in Murren - access is too restricted. But the skiing over there is usually better, even if slightly limited.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I must be the only pro Mürren lover here.. Good,empty pistes for me !!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love the slopes over at Murren, stay in Lauterbrunnen so its dead easy to get to. Never having experienced ski to door the travel is no problem.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When in Lauterbrunnen have you managed to ski from WinterEgg to there,its a nice run and saves getting the funnicular back down snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I did this once - I must admit I preferred the funicular! There's very rarely enough snow - can't remember the last time the Inferno went all the way to Lauterbrunnen.
snow report
telford_mike, not that long ago, maybe a couple of years thats all
snow report
I can't either. I have only skied down to Lauterbrunnen once as i have no need too.May be its just luck but nearly everytime i'm in Mürren the run is open(mid/end of Feb)..

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 30-03-04 18:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
It was closed last week. You could have skied about 3/4 of the way down, but then you'd have been left to walk the rest.
ski holidays
shame thou,when its fully covered its a nice run.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy