Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Four Seven

Poster: A snowHead
Guys, I'm looking at replacing my cheap and nasty Bolle's with a mid range pair of goggles.

Has anyone any experience with the Salomon Four Sevens? I like how they look, but can't seem to find any reviews online.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just done a round of buying new goggles for 3 of us in the family. I can't say how well they will work on the slopes as we are only going next week. But, after me trying many pairs of goggles, my wife and daughter too, I ended up buying XT-Ones and the girls have a pair of Four Sevens each. We tried goggles from Bloc and Giro but the Salomons are by far the most comfortable, sealing well around the face and for me the OTG design is perfect. My daughter and I have the S2 blue mirrored lenses and my wife's are the Access version of the Four Seven which means they have a slightly lower quality lens so not with the triple layer coating. They are all S2s with the Four Seven Access version being slightly darker. They look and feel like great quality with triple layer foam around the face and they fit the helmets perfectly (Salomon Quest Air (x2) and Giro Era)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply mrashton, my trip isn't until the 17th of Feb, so if you could give me some feedback on how the goggles perform next week, it would be greatly appreciated. It was the blue mirrored lenses that I was looking into myself, so could you let me know how they perform. Really interested to hear how they get on with low light conditions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sure thing, I'll update you during the week we are there in Thollon-les-Memises. Our first day of skiing is a week on Saturday and looking at the weather report we are going to get plenty of dull snowy days so should be perfect for the review!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's just the week before me, so I may be chancing it ordering in that tight time-frame.. Appreciate the help though!
I will still be keen to hear your views as well as those of any other snowheads???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyone else got any any opinions?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me again, I'll post back here on Saturday evening which hopefully gives you enough time to buy online before you go.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can’t see past (sic) Smith I/Os. Interchangeable lenses, work very well for toh and me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
I can’t see past (sic) Smith I/Os. Interchangeable lenses, work very well for toh and me.

Yep, and usually some on sport pursuit. I got the new chromapop storm yellow lens for this year. Used it 10 straight days in Whistler, v good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Smith I/O or Smith I/Os? What is the difference in them guys?
Also, can you give advise on the lenses? Looking for a lens that covers most light conditions.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@B1g_browner, frame shape and size, I think.

Usually arrive with a low light and a sunny day lens. Perfectly fine.

Chromapop looks cool.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chromapop everyday is goodif there's any sun. For cloud / snow , then the cpop storm is excellent. Best I've used in flat light. For bluebird days I have a black lens. Yep it's frame size / shape. IOS = small, IOX = big, IO = in between. I have the IOX, Mrs endo the IOS.

Any 2 lens combo will be useable, I bought additional lenses a couple of years after the frames as I knew better what I wanted. Managed fine till then with those they came with.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Do the smith I/O 7's come with an additional lens, or is that just something I picked up on a particular site?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All I/Os come with 2 lenses.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thats great. Thanks for all the help guys. The smith I/O's look like they could be an option then.

Anyone got any links for deals?
ski holidays
Dozens of Smiths on Sport Pursuit.
ski holidays
Big difference in the Chromapop to non chromapop versions?
latest report
Salomon Four Sevens mini review -

With the S2 blue mirrored lens. Today was a solid grey sky day which made the definition of the snow difficult to see. The goggle lens is slightly tinted (26%) compared to no lens at all so didn’t make the view too dark. Comfortable to use all day. The colours seen through the goggles weren’t that different from viewing with the naked eye but they did cut down the glare, and slightly darker of course. I didn’t perceive that the goggles improved the contrast to make it easier to see the features of the snow under the bad lighting. (Wasn’t expecting that anyway). I’ll hopefully get some days of sunlight this coming week so I can see how the goggles cope with the brighter light. As they are I’m very happy with the upgrade from a pair of Sinner Toxic goggles (which I know is setting the bar quite low, I know).

Good luck with the decision and let me know if you have any specific questions.
ski holidays
B1g_browner wrote:
Big difference in the Chromapop to non chromapop versions?

I think the chromapops are as good as anything else out there. The yellow storm was the best I've ever used in constant snow and low vis. Had one day on the everyday, and they were also problem free. Wife was on similar but different lenses ( a different low light chromapop) as a beginner she would be more likely to get steamed up etc as more standing around, but no problems.
ski holidays
Four Seven review follow on:

I had the opportunity to try the Four Seven Access that comes with the Tonic Orange lens and I think it is a better lens for grey sky and snowing days.
ski holidays
Thanks for your replies guys, I bit the bullet and purchased a pair of smith I/O 7's. The additional lens for low light conditions was a real selling point for me.
Mrashton, thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to respond to me. Greatly appreciated, hope the rest of your week is great!
snow report
Just wanted to pop in an say thanks to everyone who recommended the Smith goggles. With such varied conditions atm, they have performed better than I could have envisioned. You lot have really opened my eyes!!!! Lol.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy