Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon private ski instructor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi, my wife and I are absolute beginners. We will be going to Morillon, France 12 to 15 January 18. The ESF and Zigzag schools are the only ones I can find on the WWW but they are not available for private lessons and seem to be based in Samoens, nearby but we will not have car access. Ideally one of you could recommend a private ski instructor please? We are looking for approx 10 hours of instruction over three days..thanks for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Whackerlondon, can't help i'm afraid but welcome to snowheads. someone will come along in a minute with the advice you need.
Have a great first trip and prepare to be addicted for life!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's an ESF office in Morillon 1100 based in the top of first gondola which we've used.

Friends had, effectively, private lessons for their two children via here. Just one instructor for the two of them but I can't remember if it was just the afternoons.

Area you staying in Morillon village or 1100 station? The two are connected via gondola lift so you don't need to ski to access the ESF office.�
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Greg skisession or Nicholas Anthonioz. I don't have have details for them but you will find them on Facebook. I doubt they will have a problem with meeting you I'm Morillon as they will ski both areas on the average day I think.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Whackerlondon, did you have any joy with private lessons? I'm taking my wife and 2 daughters to Morillon for their first ski trip over half term. Of course this being peak season, I've only managed to get them a private lesson on the Saturday (we arrive on the Friday) and after that I've managed to get the girls a place with ESF group lessons in the afternoons but can't get anything for my wife. I board so can't help with teaching her to ski so am interested to see if you had any joy with Greg or Nicholas as suggested by Ian?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to Snowheads, @Shez. Are you staying in Morillon village or 1100? If you are in the village it would be easy to for your wife to take to the ski bus that runs between Samoens and Morillon, and then go up the gondola and have lessons in Samoens. I'd highly recommend Zigzag, if they can take her.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks sj.
We’re staying in Morillon Village. I’d already been in touch with zigzag but because it’s the school holidays all their instructors are booked up too unfortunately.
I may have to hope some kind skiers may help out by giving some pointer or that she happens to be an expert after 4hrs on Saturday (or alternatively, that she’s happy just going down the apres ski & spa route while the rest of us are on the slopes wink )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you tried ESI in Samoens? I know it's late, but could she try to fit in a dry slope or snow dome session before coming?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unfortunately I’ve tried all options. No joy with ESI and not even at my local dry slope! I’m sure we’ll sort something anyway thanks
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some years ago my Dad as a 1st time skier at 65, had private lessons with a guy called Fred Prieur Blanc who was apparently v good, he was based in Les carroz just next to Morillon. His website comes up on Google if you want to check his availability.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks Beaky!
I'm taking a look at his site now - fingers crossed for availability
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy