Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Super G

Poster: A snowHead
Looks a bit iffy in the middle section, poor visibility...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the downhillers can hold it together in the technical bottom section, the likes of Finlay could be in with a chance!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That doesn't look like a brilliant time for Finlay?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Damn, 'if' was the operative word as far as Finlay is concerned....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Finlay nailed the fast early section, then was thrown right out of line at the start of the tight turns, lost a ton of time
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Conditions deteriorating fast.....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Given what's happening weather-wise, I wonder how many team managers and others are putting pressure on for the race to be halted/postponed?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Willit take a crash for them to halt the race? Racers are getting to the bottom, complaining they couldn't see...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, that sounds grim. I don't like pootling around at walking speed if the light is bad; can't imagine what it's like to race in those conditions.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
trying to find some way of seeing this - can anyone help - ~I've got audio but not pictures on the bbc website?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk, long delay at the moment, 'negotiations' going on.... looks like common sense might reign...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, will the race be rest before it starts again, eventually? If not, then those who skied this morning have had a training run - which seems to me beneficial for the early runners who had better light.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still no firm decisions.... they're putting down extra dye at the moment rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick Zotov, it wouldn't be rerun today, so yes it would be reset. No idea when they could fit it in though, the schedule's pretty full from now on - and this weather is set to continue for a couple of days yet.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hints of rescheduling possibly later today.... in a break in the weather, around 1pm CET - and even more controversial, restarting from bib no. 1. That will upset a few people....
latest report
PG wrote:
and even more controversial, restarting from bib no. 1. That will upset a few people....

Seems sensible to me if conditions are going to be significantly different. Will Finlay get a second bite of the cherry?
snow conditions
rob@rar.org.uk, trouble is by the rules in WC when that happens they start from where they finished, rather than rerace the whole thing. Can't see it happening like that myself, but who knows. Just spoke to Neil aka RacerReady, and there's no official confirmation of anything yet, just a lot of officials walking around holding their heads in their hands Confused ....
ski holidays
PG, sounds mad to me if some racers have to go down in atrocious conditions, and others go down in much better conditions after a break in the race!

Why was Kjus more than five seconds off the pace? Weather related, or did he he have a specific problem?
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, he skied half the course through the woods off to the side ! Very Happy He was a little late on the turns, put it that way.
latest report
Laughing
snow report
Rescheduled for 1330 CET, apparently....
snow report
Any news on if this is a complete re-run ?
ski holidays
PG wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, trouble is by the rules in WC when that happens they start from where they finished, rather than rerace the whole thing. Can't see it happening like that myself, but who knows. Just spoke to Neil aka RacerReady, and there's no official confirmation of anything yet, just a lot of officials walking around holding their heads in their hands Confused ....

Places the Austrians very well.
latest report
There are rumours of a certain amount of pressure from that direction Confused - the ideal scenario as far as they are concerned. Still scheduled to be a complete re-run, though I imagine there's a lot going on behind the scenes right now....
snow report
PG, are you actually out there, or monitoring from BSM? No criticism of you commentary either way - just idle curiosity.
ski holidays
Nick Zotov, My reports are coming from chats with Neil McQuoid, Racer Ready journalist who is actually out there, press releases fed to MySnowSports, articles from Neil and other sources on the Games, that are mostly added to MSS hence the links.

Other than that the general waffle I come out with during the event as it happens is from my bedside view of Eurosport snowHead...
ski holidays
PG, all very lively, thanks Very Happy
snow report
More delays. Latest attempt to start the race will be at 1445hrs CET, having been put back again from 1330 hrs...

That means it will clash with the women's combined downhill (if either are actually run, of course...)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, aarrgghh, the only saving grace being that they showed the ladies BoarderX again, all very exciting stuff. Very Happy
snow report
It's on NOW!
ski holidays
But it's clashing with the biathlon now! Sad
snow report
Jerry, more importantly Wink it's clashing with the women's Combined downhill (if it's still on), scheduled to kick off in 5 mins....
snow conditions
That's a better run from Finlay. Seems to have worked out well for him with the restart.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 18-02-06 15:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Agh!
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Seems to have worked out well for him with the restart.

On the other hand, not so good for Dalcin who was leading the race earlier, but has now skied out. Made his views about the whole situation very clear in the finish area with an easily recognised hand gesture Wink
snow report
Denariaz - double gold? Good run from him; couple of scrappy turns but a comfortable lead at this earlier stage.
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, doubt, my money's on Hermann and Bode still....
snow conditions
PG, me too. A Maier victory would be great, closely followed by Bode in Silver...
ski holidays
There's always an unexpected Austrian or two waiting to pounce though. Notice Walchhofer wasn't picked to race - but Raich was in his place? Those bottom tight turns might suit him....
latest report
Scott Macartney takes the lead (or Paul McCartney as the BBC commentator called him Smile)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy