Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Testa Grigia / Colle Pinter - Monterosa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Route Advice please -

Have any of you snowheads been up the testa Grigia and then down to Gressoney valley via colle pinter

Im quite happy heading off to do the colle pinter but have been eyeing up the Lateltin Bivouac hut for a night followed by a quick ascent of Testa Grigia and then descent to Colle Pinter and gressoney valley (not skiing straight East off the summit! thats a bit above our ability).

Have done a BIG search of camptocamp / summit post / Gulliver etc and theres very little info on a winter ascent.

I ask as i will be taking wifey / and the grades sound perfectly achievable just after a bit of first hand knowledge, forearmed i will be taking the couteux! (SP)

route 35 of the polvere rosa 3 guidebook
grade 3.1 / 30 degrees / PD
Lateltin Bivvy

Worst case scenario is we tour up to colle pinter, leave skis and walk up to the bivouac hut and then back down in the morning.

FYI were in Gressoney sat 24th > sat 10th March if anyones around
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy