Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Hero

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got a pair of these? Thoughts or feedback.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossignol hero is a range of on-piste skis, I’ve been looking at them too, the long turn version was well recommended. Theres a few models short turn, all turn, a black version, elite, also some race professional ones, I’m sure someone on here has some in-depth info?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please I would also love some feedback on these skis, I had a days "free" rental on a pair of last years All Turn curtesy of Swissair leaving my skis at Heathrow for this years PSB. They were good on the hard pistes but could have done with sharper edges and better waxing, but that is a reflection on the rental shop not the ski.

My choice is going to between the ST, HP and AllTurn. All have the same dimensions but differing constructions, Titanal, Fiber, and carbon reinforcement indicating stiffer
and more technical (more expensive) to softer, less technical, (cheaper).
Having said all that I loved the Volkl code S, giving it 10 at the Octobertest and really liked the Atomic Redster X9 (9) these are outside of my budget so I suspect that I will end up wit the ST but any and all personal experiences on these would be welcome.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had the STs for half a day at xmas, quite liked them, I'd taken some sky7s out as a test ski and hated them so much on piste that I took them back at lunchtime and swapped for the STs, great ski if you like carving tight turns. With the discount I got for being in the chalet behind the shop, it cost less than £20 for the day to test any ski they had.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hero is line of skis ranging from race DH skis to low(er) end recreational skis, so it's kinda hard to say something on general. I'm skiing FIS GS (30m) and FIS SL skis (and from time to run in SG and DH skis for one of Rossi racers) and personally I like them way better them Head or Fischer. They are more lively but a bit less stable. But punch you get from them on the end of turn, is more important for me then a bit better stability and completely dead feel of Fischer FIS GS ski for example. But that's more personal preference, and of course it's related to Rossi World cup stock race ski, which has pretty much nothing in common with their lower end cousin in Hero line.
@tangowaggon, Rossi's freeride line of skis, especially if you take old, pre-HD versions, are great in powder, and I mean really great, but as soon as you put them to groomed track (or hard icy spring conditions in backcountry) are really bad, as it's waaay too soft ski, especially when it comes to lateral stiffness. HD versions are way better, and they actually ski quite ok on groomed track (my normal pow ski is Rossi Super7 HD RD). But with "quite ok" I mean "quite ok" for ski that's 120 under foot Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As @primoz says, it's a huge range. Clearly popular on the race SL circuit last season ( not paid attention this).
Met a guy indoors who was using Elite STs and making very light work of moguls and icy crud. He rated them highly. Mind you, he was an ex racer and instructor.
A ski that I certainly fancy a go on, on my might buy list at present, ability and technique permitting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy