Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva terminal 2 to railway station

Poster: A snowHead
This is my first post for ages as I’ve been too depressed at Covid etc to even look at ski forums! But we are going next weekend and am so excited!
Anyway just realised our flight gets in to terminal 2 (the ski charter shed) at Geneva and we are then travelling on train. How do we get to terminal 1 and the station? Is it walkable or is their a bus or taxi? We’ll have luggage with us

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According not the gva website
Quote:
transfer between terminals

Passengers can move walking between the two terminals, there are only 300 metres from each other.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It’s easy. Allow 10 minutes for the walk.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The charter terminal is now just the charter terminal. Terminal 2 has become the new terminal directly above the train station.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So if we’re flying with Jet2 and it says terminal 2 is that the old charter terminal or the new one? Anyone flown recently?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From the Geneva airport website:
https://www.geneva-airport.com/terminal-2.php
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TommyJ, it's the 'old' terminal, I flew in there a few weeks ago. It's opposite p51. Very short walk back into the main airport.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TommyJ,

We landed at GVA T2 last month, with Jet2. We took a T2 Trolley (from the baggage collection hall) and trundled our luggage to T1(& the railway station next door).

As others have said, it takes 10 minutes, max.

On the way you will pass GVA's biggest bargain - the self service coffee machine in T1 arrivals (at the Montreux Jazz shop), where you can pick up a lovely drink for 2 CH Francs (& some nice pastries from the adjacent shop). Their latte macchiatios are particularly nice Very Happy .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TommyJ,

Where are you going? Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone. Off to Zermatt on Saturday. Finally bringing myself to believe it might happen - we all had Covid 2 weeks ago!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TommyJ wrote:
Thanks everyone. Off to Zermatt on Saturday. Finally bringing myself to believe it might happen - we all had Covid 2 weeks ago!

Great stuff! I'm sure you will have a great time. We had a week in Zermatt in January and loved it! Very Happy The only downside for us was that our train journey was in the dark, each way, so we missed out on the views. rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well after some Wikipedia-ing I stand corrected, the new building is only an expansion of the "East-wing" of T1, which houses the C gates for long-haul/non-Schengen flights. It has no check-in or baggage hall, but does have it's own immigration facility.

T2, as @sugarmoma666's link says, still refers to the charter terminal (built in 1946 Eh oh! ). So although it might only be 300m from T2 to T1, it's outdoors and quite a slog with little ones/oldies and a heavy trolley in a blizzard. And it must still be another 200m (indoors) to the train station, so half a k away in total.

Of course the solution is to park your Lear jet at T3 at the end of the runway, and transfer directly to you chopper transfer. wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Bergmeister, are you ok? That coffee could be used to strip a diesel engine Laughing although I did grab one when I used to have a late drive home
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Bergmeister, are you ok? That coffee could be used to strip a diesel engine Laughing although I did grab one when I used to have a late drive home

Very Happy Very Happy

I didn't think the latte was very strong at all... wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Bergmeister, if its open the mcdonalds coffee upstairs is much nicer but the 2chf coffee serves a purpose wink
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, @Bergmeister, or the coffee machine in Migrios Very Happy
ski holidays
@TommyJ Here's my shot of the P51-Terminal area with the walking route from P51 to/from car rental desks. I think Terminal#2 is the one at the top left (with the yellow vans and cars parked outside), above the P51 rental car park. The location is actually shown on the car parking page of the GVA website, rather than the access pages.

It may be easier to walk along the top road from T2, as there's fewer crossings to negotiate, compared to going from P51. Either way, you'd enter the main terminal through the car rental/shuttle bus entrance. The GVA official site says:
    Terminal 2 of Genève Aéroport is accessible via the TPG buses (lines 10, 23, 28, 28, 56, 57), “Tour-de-Contrôle” stop. It is also within walking distance. From the CFF station or from Terminal 1 of Genève Aéroport, go to the arrival level, then towards “car rental”. At the exit, follow the pedestrian area for 300 metres to reach Terminal 2, located opposite parking P51.
If you were heavily-laden, you could just walk across to P51, go to the car rental bus stop and get the rental shuttle bus to the terminal. The shuttle stop is pretty much where the bus icon is.

Here's a plan of how to get from the car hire desks (left) to the GVA station platform (right). The directions are written for someone arriving at Terminal#1

There should be baggage trolleys around at the car rental desk area or outside at the shuttle bus stop.

Just re the train from and especially back to GVA - Like anywhere, thieves target regular trains that include an airport as a destination. So just be aware and take the usual care when you're a conspicuous holiday traveller: keep your passport and valuables on you and don't leave them in overhead bags etc. Common tricks are to swap a lookalike rucksack with yours when they get off at an intermediate station; pretend to have dropped their mobile on the floor and ask for your help looking for it; drop a coat on your handbag and pick it up with the coat; etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy