Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japanese Kick Turn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following on from the video I posted last season of Kris Erickson demonstrating his own style how about this one?

Guide is Cvetko Podlogar, (his bio is below), and we were touring up Mont Yotei close to Niseko today.

http://youtube.com/v/EG5WiOwZv6I

Cveto has worked as a professional mountain guide since 1999 and is accredited by both UIAGM International Federation of Mountain Guides and JFMGA – the Japanese Mountain Guide Association, which he is the first and only non-Japanese national to have been accredited. Cveto has now lived in Japan for 26 years, arriving after travelling by bicycle across China and Tibet. Originally from Bled, Slovenia, he was a member of the Slovenian national cross country for 9 years and seven-time winner of the national cross-country competition.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing I'd have to practice my yodel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you get to the rim?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've seen a few guides do similar (with or without tree) in Japan when touring through deep snow with folk who weren't very proficient at kick turns (we had a few snowboarders who were very handy on the downs but first time on split boards). The guides basically shuffled around to create a flat area of snow so others would do the same and didn't need to kick turn.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can seen doing that with the wrong tree resulting in it dumping all the snow from its branches on your head. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Super Steezy, no Sad

Yesterday outrageous strong winds so snow pack above trees not good, and people in our group not up to climbing as well as skiing beyond the trees. One of them was suffering from early stages of hypothermia, but as a 21 yr old would he listen to our advice rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As long as you make the turn does it matter?

I’ve done similar on no fall zone steep slopes, better safe than gain a few style points Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, sorry to hear that, we called it for the same reason at about 1350 (not too far from the tree line) also.
The crater looks incredible...one day perhaps.
Hope the rest of your trip keeps giving.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Super Steezy, manged that today Cool

You can tell it's great pow when it's still hanging in the air from previous turns!

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Going green
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I've seen a few guides do similar (with or without tree) in Japan when touring through deep snow with folk who weren't very proficient at kick turns (we had a few snowboarders who were very handy on the downs but first time on split boards). The guides basically shuffled around to create a flat area of snow so others would do the same and didn't need to kick turn.

You want a Canadian guide... they get their shovels out and make a nice flat turning spot!!! I love a but of luxury Canadian guiding.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy