Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Lessons in Les Arcs 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going skiing (2nd trip this year!) with my family and another family in late March.

Our wives and children are all booked on lessons each morning through Esprit but myself and the other experienced skier don't have any lessons booked currently but both thought we might benefit from a little more tuition!

Although we ski together a lot, I am a slightly more advanced skier than my friend so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what would be worth going for?

I have had a quick look at the New Generation website and the Ski Clinics look interesting - probably the All Mountain one for me and the Piste Performance one for him. Looks like they are either 1 or 2 days in Arcs 2000 (depending on numbers) and the price looks good at 139 Euros. Although I would rather do the lessons with my friend, I am also conscious of us both being able to get the most out of the lessons!

He is comfortable on most red or blue pistes and skis in a very controlled manner (if slightly limited by technique) whereas I am happy on most blacks, can carve reasonably well and will tackle steep-ish moguls. - no real off-piste experience though which I wouldn't mind.

Really, I suppose we both want to be pointed in the right direction for technique and to broaden our range a little bit and so that we have something to work on whilst we are skiing recreationally for the rest of the holiday so any recommendations would be warmly welcomed...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JP at AIM Ski School would be another option. Nice guy, great instructor.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rob@rar, Thanks for that. I did a performance clinic with you a few months back which I found really useful and, since then, have been thinking how beneficial more tuition would be!

I know that you have an apartment in Arc 2000 so value your recommendation and will get in touch with them. I might even change our wives lessons over to them as it might work better for them as well!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tonyswift, you're welcome. You can get in touch with JP via www.ski-aim.com If you do get in touch tell him Rob from Inside Out recommended him.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another recommendation for JP here.. Good guy, and had my mate - who is the second-least athletic person I know - almost parallel turning after 2 hours, having never skied before.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+2 for JP too. Nice guy and good instructor and we're already booked with him for this year in April. He was quite busy so its worth contacting him although his school does have other instructors that have impressive qualifications too if he's booked up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @djf, and @haigie - that certainly looks like a vote of confidence. I rang them yesterday but I think I will call back and book once I have spoken to my friend!

@rob@rar, I will definitely let him know you recommended him!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy