Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies combined

Poster: A snowHead
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Measuring Devices - then use laser devices ( or better types if necessary)
Nationalities - If racial prejudice was really the issue then I suspect that we would have been OK but there would be none of your 'SEPOs' in tomorrow's downhill ! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ise wrote:
an utterly surreal statement I thought, how can they claim "We introduced a rigorous policy of ensuring all skis were measured" then "can't be sure that all skis are measured for width" rolling eyes Puzzled

Absolutely. Then to follow that with 'It doesn't matter, because she wasn't going to win anyway' is simply absurd.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eEvans, smacks of a rushed release. One thing though, anyone who's actually met Mark Tilston will know that he probably said exactly that, word for word.

Then there's Andi Robertson, Snowsport GB PR writer for this season. No comment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
eEvans, Agreed, however we do have to tread on egg-shells around the FIS final guy. There isn't Nation he doesn't hate for one reason or another, as for the tools, thats a big point for the momment. There are no standard or manufactured tools. We all build them ourselves some with some without lazers. This needs to change, the temp at which we measure needs to be standardised and the presure on the device needs to match the force of the skier. Then we the technicians can work to it, simple. Little Angel
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG wrote:
eEvans, smacks of a rushed release. One thing though, anyone who's actually met Mark Tilston will know that he probably said exactly that, word for word.

Maybe they would have needed to delete one or two before issuing it as a public statement Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair wrote:
ise wrote:
an utterly surreal statement I thought, how can they claim "We introduced a rigorous policy of ensuring all skis were measured" then "can't be sure that all skis are measured for width" rolling eyes Puzzled

Absolutely. Then to follow that with 'It doesn't matter, because she wasn't going to win anyway' is simply absurd.

That really ought to be a resignation issue really. Simon Bates had some choice comments about him on mysnowsports as well rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise, Sack the guy, our industry is full of people like this. I urge Simon to contact us at the shop, i'll sponsor him, oh and too he needs to drop into the vacent position served by Tilston, i'm sure he'll bring a little more passion and commitment. Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, Not sure he's got the nous to consider 'resignation' if he can make comments like that. let alone allow them to be 'formally released' .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reminds me of the bit of wood used to disqualify an American speedskier we met in Les Arcs a few years ago. Apparently this was used to mesure their helmets.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back to the race proper, looks as if Anje Paerson and Janica Kostelic are favourites today - some chat here.

If Janica can finish (or indeed start!), it could well be a one-two, with Anje Paerson pipping the Croat to the top step of the podium...

Keep those thoughts coming on Snowsport GB's response to Chemmy's disqualification! Perhaps we could forward on a condensed version to Chief Exec Jason Cockburn.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, prehaps dumping a link to this thread in tilson's inbox may make him realise the fopar he has made, i agree withSMALLZOOKEEPER, the tools to measure these dimentions need to be standardised, produced by an engineering company and made available to the techs at a sensible cost, a few years ago, i remember Jules (SZK's old boss) telling me that he had the finish judge measure the same racers kit three times and get three different readings. if they want to impose such strict rules (and i think strict is the way to go) they need to be accurate and consistant in the enforcement.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wow...as a journalist here in Olympic World (fogged up sestriere) I am totally in agreement with a lot of the comments on here! SSGB are not worried about Chemmy's DQ as they would prefer her to have a day of rest especially as they see the Super G as more of a priority. This is sensible and right. It is a shambles though that something as FUNDAMENTAL as making sure the equipment is legal has not been done. Whether the fault lies with Fischer (her ski manufacturer - how many of their other skiers had faulty skis?), with the SSGB, with her ski tech, who knows. It does highlight something for FIS to consider as Didier Defago was DQ'ed in the Super Combi in Val d'Isere after having 'won' the race for having an illegal ski (too thin). FIS do have an open house for testing skis (there is an interview with Mike Kersetz who does all the testing in the next issue of Racer Ready (sorry for the blatent plug!)) and racers can have their skis tested any time. By standardising the testing equipment and allowing teams tyo use the same testing equipment may eradicate this.

Regarding the Tiara worn by Mancuso - it is all about individuality (She even has her own brand of underwear so that the USOC cannot clone her totally!).

Resi stiegler's ears were removed despite being approved by the IOC, USOC but apprently not by the Pope (according to Ski Racing magazine!). Last night not even Resi's Mom knew the reason why she was not racing in the ears!

And by the way it is still foggy so chances of the race happening.....slim!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Neil, glad you could make it!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RacerReady, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead and thanks for all the stuff on MSS which PG has linked to. Great to have one more 'on-the-spot' snowHead. Pop in as often as you can, please.
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just put the phone down (can you say that with mobiles? Smile) after a chat with Neil, it's looking a bit doubtful with poor visibility at the two locations for today's alpine events - both bad where Neil is for the Women's Combined and if anything even worse over the hill for the Men's Super G. Maybe I'll go skiing after all...
snow report
wow - just logged on and can't believe whats happened...
How stupid that the skis weren't measured and checked (Even assuming all problems with measuring at such fractions of mm's)
Then a press release that says it doesn't matter our racer is disqualified because she wasn't fast enough anyway to get a top 5...

Although I don't know much about how other sports are funded/run by their national organisations I think that our snowsports organisation could be better run by the wombles than the current people...
ski holidays
We try to provide honest, regular and independent coverage. Not when it suits us, irregular and only when we get a top 30 result! Also we cover the British racers not just the Scots or English or Welsh and also the international element!

Ski racing is there for all to do and E N J O Y!

Freedom of information - bring it on!
latest report
Men's Super is go go go
ski holidays
Fin has just been pushed out of the medals - does this mean that Tilston will pull him from the race as he may not make top 5?
snow report
RacerReady, Laughing Nip over to this thread for the ongoing Super G commentary!
latest report
RacerReady, Defargo was disqualified for binding height and again is open to descussion based on measurement temperatures. Little Angel
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Too thin on the height! Re Chemmy - still no comment from Fischer!
ski holidays
Latest update direct from Racer Ready's Neil McQuoid over in Sestrieres
snow report
Under way on Eurosport at last...
ski holidays
What an amazing skier, to do that with a temperature, flu she can't shake off....
snow report
Good racing, Pearson didn't look too happy !
snow conditions
If looks could kill then Pearson would be on a murder charge
latest report
death by strangulation between her legs? (Is this a family site?)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RacerReady wrote:
Is this a family site?

Well, we do try! snowHead
snow report
Racer Ready raises the controversy that we've seen here on snowHeads over Chemmy's disqualification and the subsequent statement from the governing body, Snowsport GB.

Report and full results...
ski holidays
RacerReady, Not to thin, too high! Little Angel
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
eEvans, Unfortunatly true. We have these ridiculess tollerances, but we can work within them. If after, the Final Tech choses to apply more or less presure to the measuring device can and does depend on relationships. Imagine if you will, an English Technician relying on a Frenchie to take his measurements. History is against it and today the Final tech was....................French. By the way, i love the French and everything about France. Little Angel

Minus zero plus infinity. Thats a pretty wide tolerance range to work in, quite easy to get inside it. Its also very easy to measure to more than decimal places so they have no excuses really. You want a plus or minus on the minimum? all that does is redefine the minimum to the new low limit. or do you want a subjective assessment that depends on the mood of a judge, I see the courts tied in knots for years in that case with only lawyers winning.

There's laid down limits and procedures of how the measurement is taken. Since no appeal was lodged I would assume that they had to agree it was under.

Sorry, but sack the ski tech.
snow conditions
rich, Thanks, you know your stuff eh. Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy