Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The winter that just won't die...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Problem is I have the most sarcastic 3 people in the universe living under my roof!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As per the post from PG, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad but the conditions were remarkable for so late in the year. I'm afraid I wore poor old PG out, but the "black" (not very dark, more a maroon colour) on the glacier was unprepared, and although fairly skied out made for some interesting "off" piste.
PG did say he'd posted pix?
The point is that if you enjoy ski-ing and would prefer to ski without the crowds and queues, then the last week of the season in a high (glacier) resort can be fantastic. They may not bother so much with the piste preparation, and half the shops may be closed, but there's no-one there to bother you Very Happy Of course, it's wise to book at the last minute and check conditions in the different resorts before you do this, but you really wouldn't have a problem anywhere just turning up and looking for accommodation. Next year should be excellent with easter so early - so come on, think about it. It's a cheap week Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some photos here....

Bit surprised by the behaviour of some of the seasonnaires today, desperate to get in their last fix of powder. Despite heavy recent falls combining with wind slab and rising afternoon temperatures on Sunday, very specific warnings in the resort, there were numerous people (mainly boarders) off piste in the couloirs by the Lanches/La Face, with the inevitable accidents and avalanches (we saw one small one triggered by a skier off piste by the Leisse black, and a couple of helicopters going back and forth to incidents by the Lanches, looked like at least one serious injury...

Lots of fun to be had using some common sense though, a good weekend's skiing - shame there was too much wind to run the Grande Motte.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
not unusual that end of season recklessness, I was horrified in Val a couple of years back skiing offpiste and seeing a group of boarders cutting an unstable slope above us, I reckon I saw them near the lift later and they were English seasonaires.

I'm not surprised about the wind, it's been like for days here, I was thinking of going to Engelberg today but didn't for that reason and looking on the web site it looks like a reasonable decision.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wonderful pictures PG, thank you so much: cheered my up after a gloomy Sunday. Next season I must make sure I leave those last weeks flexible....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise, the secouristes (in the helicopter photo) were constantly shouting/blowing whistles to warn boarders/skiers who were about to cut across above them while they were treating someone they clearly couldn't move. Complete idiots. Unlike Saturday when we heard/saw hardly any English voices, today they were in the majority, obviously seasonaires. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were serious injuries or even deaths between Tignes and Val Thorens today. If not, all I can say is, given their behaviour, they were bl**dy lucky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for these photos, easyski. Its looks like mid-winter, more like january than may Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's the FIRST time I've not seen the Leisse covered in moguls! and was that cliff-drop/gully on the left (halfway down) still rideable? Got to be said, that's the best conditions I've seen at Tignes for a long time.

AND fer f'sake face/Double M may not be the steepest reds but in those conditions they're superb for long technique enhancing practice. Your antics this end of season will require you to compensate, with a tall frosty one, all of us you've teased unmercifully Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I agree. We all deserve a Cornetto.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just one Cornetto?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Geeve eet to mee
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not bl**dy likely,

It costs 90p....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, Great photos - the one of the tracks in the couloir came out remarkably well. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have been reading about the deals available in the Espace Killy for the w/c April 24th, the final week the main domain was open (just the Tignes glacier and Double M/Face the following week). Not through tour operators obviously, so this does involve a bit of independent organisation!

=> In certain Tignes/Val d'Isère hotels up to 2 children (under 12) were free, in same room as two paying adults (half-board); offer included free lift passes and ski/boots hire, + a half-day's instruction with the ESF.

=> In Tignes self-catering deals included a week at 179 € pp., ie 7 days in a 4 person studio and a 6 day lift pass for the Supertignes domain (Espace Killy for a small supplement). Again a free half-day's instruction with the ESF was provided.

Despite the offers around the various resorts open for the w/e May 1st, Les Arcs, Val/Tignes and Val Thorens were very quiet.

And of course the various resorts' central reservations services are always worth checking out - and all can be done on line at the likes of the Les Arcs website via a simple search facility, which brings up available apartments/hotels, photos, rates and availability (the coming summer only at the moment).....

Snow conditions at 2600 in Les Arcs (Plagnettes) at the moment....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The site of all these empty ungroomed slopes in sunny weather in May makes me want to go and buy some touring bindings and skins. That way you won't have to worry about whether the lifts are open or not.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy