Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Transfers Next Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, finally got round to sorting transfers.

We need to get 3 smelly boys from Geneva Airport to Chamonix UCPA on 28th March 22:25, and back to Geneva from there on 1st April by 7pm.

So, have had a google and get a million results, any advice on best options, or even better someone who can help me filter what I'm seeing?

Ideally want door to door, ideally want to be in a minibus instead of giant coach waiting an hour for the last two people to finish their coffee in the airport etc.

TIA.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be inclined to get Action Outdoors to book it for you. There's an option when booking the UCPA to add on a transfer and it might still be available. I've used Mountain Transfers, both D.I.Y and through Action Outdoors and they were great both times. Not sure if thetes a price difference.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I generally use Alpybus. They are what they are, good value transfers at the budget end of the spectrum. That said they were very helpful during the chaos of delayed flights a few weeks ago.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpybus btw is iro €24.50-€28.50 pp each way.

If you use SPRING10 as a discount code on the website before 26th March it will be 10% less.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or an NUS Extra card gets you 15% off.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Digger the dinosaur, I don’t think any of the transfer companies use coaches.

Alpybus seem Ok. Chamonix Valley Transfers look clean and smarter... Haute Transfer a bit pricier but apparently posher.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ChamVan - never actually used them but they're average budget at €35 and they were helpful with a last minute booking during the chaos a few weeks ago (never travelled though, as I couldn't get to the airport over the M62).

ChamExpress - used them a lot a few years ago, same service as AlpyBus (just a few differences in operation, similar price bracket), perfectly adequate, stopped using them when their price went up and they dropped their loyalty program. Think they may stick to their schedule promised at booking a bit better than AlpyBus who move the van departure to suit bookings (but never enough to really hack you off).

EasyBus - cheap especially if booked early. Despite the negative vibe on the review sites I think this is a great service if you're travelling during hours where you can use Chx's public transport onward, or if you're heading to Chx Sud. Biggest issue is you are high and dry on the day if the bus doesn't show as there is literally no way to contact them, so I now stick to AlpyBus unless it's interseason when Easy is virtually the only provider.

Never used OuiBus or the Swiss coach.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Used Mountain Dropoffs recently, on the recommendation of fixx. Very good, reliable, comfy minibus.Not sure how they compare on price. (My friends had had a bad experience with Alpybus the week before.)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used Ouibus to get back from Chamonix to Geneva in January on a non-skiing trip. No problems at all, was on time, clean and comfortable. Would use them again if I needed to.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Hurtle, I’ll second mountain drop offs. Small vans so not too many trips up obscure alleys to collect guests who can’t be bothered to walk 50m to an accessible main road...

I’ve always found alpybus reliable, but because we’re in argentiere we are last drop off and first pickup which means 1-2 hours of trawling side streets in the valley to collect other guests. I once took a van where almost every passenger was a single pickup and i could have walked to Les Houches faster than it took to get there!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@midgetbiker, easybus doesn’t tick the doorstep dropoff.

Chum used easybus for his weekly commute for a while but had to game the cancellations a bit.
Another chum had a right old pain with them.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
@midgetbiker, easybus doesn’t tick the doorstep.

Nope, hence the reference to onward with Chx public transport, unless you are staying within spitting distance of the Chx Sud bus station.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy