Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Divorce papers served on Santons!!!

Poster: A snowHead
It will be fine he says it will be full with snow
you’ll be fine. Thigh high moguls in places, avalanche debris and people falling all over the place. Not a good start the day but we are now talking as he has promised a few nice drinks later!!Mad Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sympathies. Mrs Spin and the Young spins preferred to tackle La Face into Val last year - which was a shame because there are a couple of nice restaurants down the bottom of that run... Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Always avoid Santons at all costs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been on the other side of that experience on the Marmalada, La Longia, Sella Ronda orange, Arrabba...... Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've only ever tried to get down La Face in the summer. It's basically a sheer face of gravel - almost impossible to walk down! Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kiters, Pretty sure it has been officially closed the last few days due to the avalanche danger. (it may have been open early mornings though)

If so divorce papers may be reasonable!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a reason we call it Satan's
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had an instructor earlier this year who joked that when he retired from teaching skiing he planned to open a divorce lawyers at the bottom of Santons.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where? What? Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad it's not just me who calls it Satan's (a*se crack) wink

I'd rather go up Fontaine Froide and download in the Olympique than ever do that abominable couloir and its detestable flat run-out again. Quite rightly re-graded as a red run this season, should never have been a blue.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Where? What?

'Santons, Val D, is it ever a pleasure?'

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127949
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moosepig wrote:
Glad it's not just me who calls it Satan's (a*se crack) wink

I'd rather go up Fontaine Froide and download in the Olympique than ever do that abominable couloir and its detestable flat run-out again. Quite rightly re-graded as a red run this season, should never have been a blue.

+1
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I thought someone was divorcing Stanton and was more surprised he was married...

I've not skied Santons for years! I don't see that situation changing. I'd rather ski Epaule du Charvet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tigski, exactly what I said but definitely open when I rode it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
These days even if you make it through the couloir unscathed you can no longer schuss all the way out as they put a netting chicane at the start of the flat section and you have little choice but to scrub off speed even if you ski the racing line. Too many high speed accidents I guess.

They do the same on Trolles over in Le Lac nowadays , someone died a few years back trying to make it all the way up to the Maison without poling. It used to be possible but by crikey you had to go fast, I made it once when I was younger and stupider.

Not sure which is worse, allowing speed or funnelling a slope's worth of already rapid schussers into a single mandatory slalom gate. I guess they have had no more speed-related deaths (and that could just be regression to the norm), but I'd hazard a guess that collisions are more freqent.
ski holidays
Also the netting chicane increases congestion further up the hill (on Santons and Trolles alike) as people stand around longer on the wibbling ledge as they have to time the schuss to try not to arrive at the gate at the same time as anyone else. Law of unintended consequences - safety measure makes mountain harder to ski safely.
ski holidays
@FastCarver74, I intend to Sad
latest report
@Kiters, was in that area today about 12ish and is was definitely closed. Signs at the top and roped off but people going around the signs, we stayed on the higher black,du charvet, and looked down at loads of people, du charvet was a great option but it was clear why santons was closed looking down on all the avalanche debris
snow report
@MogulMonkey, no rope or signs at 10.30 but I am sure my effing and blinding was heard and was probably closed after rolling eyes
snow conditions
Maybe I’m in the minority but I do love santons first thing in the morning. Such fun like a natural half pipe 😄

4pm forget it though. At least it’s been graded a red now so it should put off those that shouldn’t ski it..
snow conditions
I love Santons
snow conditions
broke my arm on the santons
snow conditions
@compostcorner, broke my voice on it Laughing
latest report
Santons on a Saturday morning can be fabulous fun, but I do appreciate most jolliday makers are on a bus to or from an airport, which, of course, allows us to have the fun!!
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
Santons on a Saturday morning can be fabulous fun, but I do appreciate most jolliday makers are on a bus to or from an airport, which, of course, allows us to have the fun!!

I'm with chocksaway, if you time it right, Santons is huge fun. On a board, it is like a huge halfpipe and really good fun.

Just avoid it before 10am when the ESF schools go down it and after 3pm when the knackered first weekers who've never had a lesson descend on it.

I have made it all the way back to Val without poling or unclipping, but it requires 'dropping in' whilst still in the couloir... and someone having previously wiped out the speed reduction netting.

I would be amazed if it has been open this week. The left hand side avalanches at the slightest dump.
ski holidays
I once happened upon a full scale domestic on Santons - husband shouting at wife while he retrieved his gear following a garage sale moment. She had from what I could overhear, it wasn;t hard !, persuaded him it was easy but it had its usual compliment of head high moguls and icy tops. It was genuinely entertaining.
ski holidays
Surely the half-pipe must be filled in by now with all that snow.
snow conditions
It's open right now according to the live map: http://en.tignes.net/mobile/what-to-see-do/skiing/ski-map
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was open today & in great condition. So much snow has filled the gorge that it is much wider then usual and sadly quite flat!
ski holidays
@retsil, flat ,are we talking about the same run, surely not Puzzled Puzzled. Anyway what a week we had, exceptional, looking forward to our usual visit in March. Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy