Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpinecharms.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Any one used http://alpinecharms.co.uk/ ?

Rented an apartment from them in Les Gets a couple of weeks ago via Chalets Direct solutions room. The apartment had not been cleaned when we arrived and was far from the "completely refitted to a high standard" as described on their website.

I have emailed them with pictures etc but no reply as yet.

This is their idea of an apartment that has been "completely refitted to a high standard"

Just interested to know if anyone else has had problems?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That IS a good standard. For 1952!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They're obviously in a time warp, in 'about us' they have updates from 2004! The website is littered with typos, which is never a good sign.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reading their description of Austrian skiing...."extremely limited, low-level, often icy, horrendous Queues and pushing"

they seem to have no idea about the mountains! I would never book with them purely for this!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hhhmmm I was not surprised when I clicked on the link to find the people concerned. I will PM you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hopefully a snowHead owned gaff and the owner will be on here shortly to defend herself...

You're ok for the washing up at least Smile

what's the thing at the bottom left Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red 27, that was my question
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The thing bottom left is a dishwasher!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hate to think what it looked like before the refurb.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pamski, Yes please PM me.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@globalbagtag.com, have done so.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That is the most unprofessional looking website I have ever seen! Not sure how they get any bookings with something so bad.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crap website, I agree but there are pics of the Apartments so I presume this wasn't a shock when you arrived?

Rich
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

extremely limited, low-level, often icy, horrendous Queues and pushing

so they gave up jobs to live in Les Gets, which must be one of the lowest level skiing in the French Alps?

I can only gather that they've not skied in the country that is 50% mountains in the last 30 years (dated as of 2004), with extensive modern 8 seater heated lifts, in a country whose national sport is skiing?

I'm out.

edit: and I note that none of the Les Gets or Morzine chalets I've ever used or considered for either skiing or MTBing are listed. Assume they are some kind of agent?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 19-01-18 14:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is it Apartment Joli? The website says Apartment Joli has been "refreshed" for the 2017/18 ski season - freshly painted and with new soft furnishings. That's not completely refitted..unless they have changed it
ski holidays
http://alpineholidays.homestead.com/

Our Gibannaz apartments have been completely refitted to a high standard and provide very comfortable and pleasant accomodation in a magnificent setting, quiet but within easy reach of the village. All apartments have individual underground garages and ski stores, as well as video players and lection of videos.
snow report
@andy, indeed they do.
ski holidays
@andy, Me too. The description goes against all my experiences.
ski holidays
@globalbagtag.com, ah ok
latest report
Pamski wrote:
Hhhmmm I was not surprised when I clicked on the link to find the people concerned. I will PM you.
I'm intrigued, I think you need to expand on this ,withholding names to protect the guilty Very Happy
latest report
From the website:

Alp-Apartments is a small family business run by Dorothy and John Clinch.
snow report
Perhaps this is a clue to the last time the apartments were refurbed....all apartments have ......"as well as video players and lection of videos". wink
ski holidays
And a reference to an update ..............................in 2005/6
latest report
no address
no contact number
I wouldnt use them!

if you paid by credit card, you could try section 75 refund
snow report
Domain name:
alpinecharms.co.uk

Registrant:
Dorothy Clinch

Trading as:
Alpine Charms

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
11 Pinewood Ave, Formby
Liverpool
Liverpool
L37 2HY
United Kingdom
latest report
@Mr.Egg, she should have paid the extra £2/pcm for privacy settings with her hosting provider...

There's a lesson to us all...
snow conditions
That does look like a website from 1994
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy