Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Refunds on ski pass

Poster: A snowHead
Curious to know if there are any circumstances under which it is possible to get a partial refund on the cost of a 6 day lift pass......for example if all lifts in a resort are closed due to high winds or heavy snow or a combination of both...or is it just tough luck.....irrespective of whatever the weather is...?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here you can only get a refund if you hurt yourself and cannot use the remaining days of your pass. Weather issues are tough luck. Even the injury clause doesn’t apply to season passes - only tourist passes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had days refunded in Lech because there were no lifts open due to lack of snow. It's the only time I've seen it happen, personally
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Sneachta2013, Many travel insurance policies with a specific winter sports clause will include piste/lift/resort closed cover. The amount is typically £30-£40 per day up to a certain amount, £200 for example. It doesn't cover the full lift pass, but its better than nothing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We just got an extra day's extension to our 6 day pass in la plagne due to total closure on Wednesday - they will give an extension to the current pass when the pass expires, or a credit to be used before the end of next season
details here...
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/conditions-generales-de-vente
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many lifts were closed here earlier this week and a day pass was reduced to 20€. Refunds for anyone paying full price. Refunds also in Alpe d'Huez at New Year when wind closed everything.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most often it's a case of writing it off. If they give you an extra day / Days, you can't use them because you are going home. If it's usable for 12 months.....why would you go back to a resort that is prone to closure due to wind?. If you claim on your insurance chances are your excess will be higher than the money you would get back for your loss. This was our case this year along with many others in Cervinia, so next year somewhere else.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gyro wrote:
why would you go back to a resort that is prone to closure due to wind?

Because they all are?

Gyro wrote:
next year somewhere else.

MK snowdome?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On our very first holiday we were booked on a beginners package which for some reason provided us with a full 6 day lift pass for Flaine, which we didn't really need. However, on most days in the week the main lifts were closed due to wind and avalanche risk. Although we didn't get a refund, we did get a voucher from the lift pass office to use the following season, which saved us a reasonable amount on the cost of the next trip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We got refund in Samoens last year when the lifts were all closed due to bad weather. I went to ticket office at the gondola station and they gave me details of how to apply online for refund and we got refund for the day lost.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Tignes, its all done on line. No pay lifts open reclaim your money here:

https://www.ticketoski.fr/fr/tignes

Simples

You can already claim for Wednesday when we were stormbound. Just a picture of receipt and IBAN needed. Not sure how long it takes - still waiting for feedback
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We got 5 days free extension on our passes in VDI having purchased 15 day passes with a view to extending them for the extra 9 days we are here. When we went to add the extra days they gave us the free days without us even asking! The lifts have been either completely or mostly closed for a total of 5 days during our stay. TBH I would rather have had the ski days!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

We got refund in Samoens last year when the lifts were all closed due to bad weather. I went to ticket office at the gondola station and they gave me details of how to apply online for refund and we got refund for the day lost.

I know people who got a partial refund from Flaine last year too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
karin wrote:
Quote:

I know people who got a partial refund from Flaine last year too.

Yep, I got a partial refund for Christmas 2016 in Flaine, due to only about 10% of the lifts in the GM being open.

Took about 2 months to sort out with Crystal mind, and I think I only got about 25% back despite 90% of the pistes being closed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My winter insurance policy pays out on total lift closure, which is why many resort will endeavour to open a small village button tow, to ensure that it isn't a TOTAL closure!
ski holidays
Just back from La Plagne.

The lift office are providing;

- a refund
- an extension
- a credit note

They have a dedicated section on their website.

If your pass was purchased through a tour company or hotel then (in La Plagne at least) the refund will be to them and they will refund to you (as long as they demonstrate to the lift company they are refunding you and not keeping the money).

Our guidance from our tour operator was wrong BTW - we had to go to the lift pass office to get the above info.

A claim for piste closure from your insurer is a different matter and is basically for loss of enjoyment of holiday.
snow report
FWIW, I was also in La Plagne last week and have just called travel insurance (Barclays Travel Plus Pack - current a/c add-on) and they are sending me £30 for the days loss via pingit (mobile payment app). 3 mins on phone and didn't require proof of anything, so worth doing!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy