Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic S9 vs Head iSL vs Volkl Racetiger SL

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings from Romania !
Hope you guys can help me on this matter...I am in the position of choosing between 3 slalom models Volkl Racetiger SL UVO 2017 (maybe even 2018) vs. Head WC Rebels i.SL 2018 vs Atomic S9. I admit that I have been skiing on Atomics since ever, but I want to try something else. Moreover, I was a little disappointed with the Doubledeck 3.0 SL 2017 model. It was heavy and it seemed quite difficult to switch from edge to edge (at least for me), despite the smallest radius in the category. Also, in the last third of the turn they felt unstable, especially on hard surfaces.
I have rented some Head SL.RDs for 2 days of skiing and they seemed fabulous for me, small reaction time, exemplary behavior on hardpack / ice, stable even in wider corners. The only minuses were 1) that they are exhausting, and 2) at the exit of the turn they strongly rebound - very very reactive. That is exactly why I remove the RD from the start. I'll leave the FIS models for the experts Smile
Ok so ... did anyone try the normal i.SL? How about the Racetiger SL? Atomic S9 ? Concerning the Racetiger, I heard only words of praise, although I have never tried them and I have no chance to try them before the acquisition. Same goes for the S9.
Few questions :
Which enters the turn more easily?
Which are more rigid?
Which are more comfortable?
Which behaves better at medium-wide turns?
Which behaves better on hardpack / ice?
Which are more forgiving?
Which is a better Slalom ski in your oppinion ?

I need to mention that my height is 186cm and 80-85kg, good physical condition. Advanced level, not pro.

What do you guys think?
Many many thanks !!
Tudor
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't help on the specifics but just a thought - aren't all this class of ski going to be fairly heavy, very reactive, offering strong rebound and be quite exhausting. I'd have thought that comes with the territory?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jedster, I’d have thought so too... I mean, nothing wrong with that, but an odd choice of type
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jedster, Indeed

Personally id go with the Heads all day long, but then I am a bit biased having several models of Head including the SLs. I love a lively ski, and the Heads can certainly be lively Happy Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy