Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl with Esprit ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to Obergurgl with Esprit Ski at either Chalet Verwall or Chalet Alpenblume? If so would you recommend it? Anyone know which is better? Kids age 7 and 9.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not stayed in either of these myself but my friends enjoyed their stay in the Alpenblume.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed in the Alpenblume in 2014 with our 9 year old, it's very nice, rooms recently refurbished, and a new wing with larger apartment style rooms. Small but pleasant dining room and bar.
Food was very good, and a reasonable bit room.
It's a short walk over a the main road to the slopes, although the roads not busy, Verwall is closer but looked older when we had a quick look round it.
Instruction was excellent for our son, he had an English guy who really brought on his skiing. FWIW awe wnent to VDI the year after with Esprit, again a nice hotel but the instruction wasn't as good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed at the Alpenblume last year and had the same experience as @geoffknight apart from the instruction. We found our daughter made much more progress in AdH the year before and in La Ros this year - both with Evo2. That's obviously an individual thing though.

Would happily go back to both Obergurgl and the Alpenblume.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in the Verwall last year and the place is a little dated but absolutely fine and a good location for skiing back to.

On another note, you can get to solden very easily and also if you fancy a day off skiing you can have a day at the aqua dome at lagenfeld.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll follow this thread with interest. I'm going back to VDI with my son this year but was considering Obergurgl. Perhaps I'll look at that for 2019.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for replying. It is much appreciated. I love the sound of Obergurgl as a family resort but I was a bit worried about the Esprit chalets as the photos for Verwall look v basic to say the least. So it is good to have 1st hand opinions.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Has anyone been this season? Any feedback about the staff in either Chalet? Thank you in advance.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed Alpenblume and it was the best of the two.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brackets wrote:
Thank you for replying. It is much appreciated. I love the sound of Obergurgl as a family resort but I was a bit worried about the Esprit chalets as the photos for Verwall look v basic to say the least. So it is good to have 1st hand opinions.

Have you been with Esprit before? Generally there offerings are basic and a little rough round the edges. However that isn’t what is important to me, the main thing is the quality of childcare which in our experience is fantastic
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ wrote:
brackets wrote:

Have you been with Esprit before? Generally there offerings are basic and a little rough round the edges. However that isn’t what is important to me, the main thing is the quality of childcare which in our experience is fantastic

Exactly what I was going to say, expect slightly less because esprit and total are masters when it comes to stretching the truth.

If it meets or exceeds your expectations then great Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Nicky and Gad. Yes, we’ve been before and so expect basic. Thanks for the info - it definitely helps to go with lower expectations!

We were a bit put off by the food/ cleanliness standards but are being lured in by their last minute deal, which is hard to beat and so just wanted to make sure that we weren’t about to buy a holiday to a horrendous chalet!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We've been with them this season and had only one niggle - our children are between nursery and independent skiers so were in Snow Club. There was a lot of confusion over where kit was ending up as we were staying in Alpenblume and the club is in Verwall.
Staff were lovely and our kids adored them.
Skiing was excellent though as it's relatively high and not at all busy!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will keep reading this and hope it is all good as our daughter and family and friends of theirs and family are off to Obergurgl with Esprit the week of 18th February. I must find out where they are staying.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just to report back.... went to the Alpenblume with Esprit in Obergurgl. Food fantastic, and rooms well decorated (though small), staff friendly. A huge number of babies and toddlers which made it v noisy, but I guess that is to be expected in January. Less rough around the edges and far better food than with our previous Esprit experiences.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy