Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots Dilemma

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Howdy

I wanted to pick you guys brains a bit. I have had Burton boots at UK9 for a few years and my current boots are the Imperials. My regular size is a UK9 and when trying them on when I first got them they seemed like the right fit. When snowboarding with them I get excruciating pain on the outside of my lead foot. This is still the case even after doing 6+ weeks in them. I assumed this was just snowboarding pains and continued until my recent trip to Argentiere. I stayed at UCPA and didn't take any equipment with me to try some new stuff. They gave me size UK10 boots by accident and though they were too big for me, no pain at all. They were Nitro TIS boots and weren't very good overall but the no pain was just a 'breath of fresh air' any ideas what could be the problem? There was some heal lift when riding and I don't get this with my Imperials. I just don't know what I should do apart from trying every boot in store again and hope no pains when riding again.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would look at your stance angles. I had massive pain on the outside of my rear foot. I dialled back from -15 to -9 and it made a massive difference. Its way cheaper than changing boots.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks but already gone through all that last season, changed stance width, angles etc with no luck Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One possibility from your info is a common issue with others .

You may be sizing lenght up too gain width and your current 280mm boots could even be to long but too narrow ?.
If this was the case

Ie. reasons people size up ....
You could have a wider foot not knowing foot/boot widths or the foot is "acting wide in the boot" from a lack of flexion which is a physical issue or it could be both of these issues together and also compounded by oversized boot lenght.

Lack of flexion and oversized boots are common friends .

You need to get your feet measured in lenght and width in the weighted and unweighted position .Do so in mondo/metric units ie.mm/cm and forget shoe sizing numbers as they dont apply .

Most people just cant manage this .

What you do see is riders that are doing 50 days or more each season... a percentage of them will start taking bootfit far more seriously .

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 17-01-18 0:21; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cem provided the "foot acting wide from a lack of flexion" info .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tirol 164, thanks man. I did have my feet measured long time ago but don't remember how good it was. Where do I do this properly? I done it at S+R last time in Covent Garden.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yup - its an issue I have. I have wide feet.
Wide fit are available.. supposedly! Just dont see them here because the market is not big enough.
My feet width are a 9 & my length an 8!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy