Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lady seeks lively skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A lady friend is looking for new skis following a disappointing purchase. She is a mature skier 1.65m and 54k. Very confident on any piste and happy off piste in good conditions. She normally skis short turns in a very controlled manner.
Has owned a series of Rossignal Bandits and looking for a more all round ski bought a pair of Blizzard Sambas. These she found rather lifeless both on and off piste. Suggestions for a suitable ski from the vast Snowhead knowledge base would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By "lively", do you mean playful, or do you mean that they have good snap/rebound, that pings you into the next turn?...Generally speaking (IME), you are looking at Piste Skis, with a more traditional camber, to get the latter.

Is she happy with a Piste Ski, or is she looking for something more in the All Mountain category?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kastle.

Or i left my old Atomic Metron XI's in Chicago if she wants - crazy short radius carving ski,still quite stable due to its astonishing mass ( depleted uranium instead of ttanal sheets?) and if you lean back coming out of a turn they'll do their best to throw you on to your back - so 'lively' too. ( don't sue me when she needs new knees aftwr a few years of use... ).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, Yes playful but also something in the All Mountain category if that is possible.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some possibilities:

- Volkl Flair 78 (a bit piste biased)
- Rossignol Temptation 84 HD
- K2 Thriluvit 85
- Head Total Joy
- Scott The Ski

Since your friend is quite light, she can probably get away with not going too wide - which should be beneficial On Piste.

FWIW. I'm very light for a bloke and when I hired some Blizzard Quattros last Jan, I found them very "Damp" and Stable, but unexciting. I swapped them for Head Magnums, and for me, it injected the fun factor that I was missing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Ski Club GB ski tests really seemed to like the K2 Thriluvit 85s.

http://youtube.com/v/h0brCB0Jybc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easy, these if they're still available.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134709

Lively, poppy, all mountain, with all the perfrormance an advanced skier could ask for.

I was out of mine today - very fast grippy pistes, and chopped up but fun offpiste. They refused to do anything other than charge hard, the snow was too good Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
She'd love Volkl Yumis. Very fun to ski and wide enough to handle a bit of off piste.

Or as mentioned above, the Rossi Temptation 84s would be a good choice.

Another one to look at is the Nordica Santa Ana - the ladies at Ski Diva rave about them. They're a bit wide for mostly on-piste use though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't just limit yourself to ladies models, most of the good female skiers I know don't ski female marketed skis. Maybe demo a few different types.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Probably agree with HoneyBunny, regarding the Yumi - but make sure they are this seasons, previous models didn't have tail rocker, and performance was dire. Shops couldn't give them away in the end wink Or if she wants slightly wider, look at the Kenja.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kenjas are very stiff and a bit unforgiving - worth demoing if you can.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Many thanks for all the advice. I think she may well go for the Rossi Temptation in view of her long term association with that brand.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy