Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern Ski School recommendation please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Obertauern next month and would like any recommendations please on good ski schools. We are a family of 4 (including 13yo and 16yo), all at intermediate level (blues/easy reds) and are interested in improving our techniques. We aren't looking to progress to off-piste level or anything, just be able to cope well and safely with runs we come up against. Krallinger looks good.

Also ref ski hire, when they say there is a student discount, does that only mean for Austrian kids or are Brits included as well. the 16 year old isn't 17 until April and is studying A levels at the moment.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have had lessons in the past with Krallinger but it was a long time ago
There are a few different schools Willie Grilish was the other we used
Both were good but it was years ago

Re hire shops pick one near your accommodation

Obertauern is one of our favourite resorts this is the first winter we are not going there in ages
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://csa.skischoolshop.com/en/

Willi's school is now run by his daughter Silvia and I would highly recommend them. My daughter started with them aged 10 or so. After a couple of years they suggested she do the instructor training which she did, and she has gone back and worked for them, although not in the past year or two. She says they are a very well run school and she would recommend them. (She doesn't say that about all the schools she has worked for.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have not had group lessons with Krallinger but we have had private lessons with Bettina Krallinger (the owner) during our 3 previous trips to Obertauern a few years ago. They were mainly private lessons for my son but we also had some lessons shared by my son, myself and my husband. Bettina was very good and was very good at tailoring the lessons to our needs. She grew up on that mountain and knows Obertauern inside out.

Have fun at Obertauern! We loved it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fab stuff, thanks all. I've emailed them both saying what we need so we'll see what they come back with. Our problems is we are all different, so not sure how say a private family lesson would go: myself - very nervous; daughter - nervous; husband - confident but has back and knee problems and son is brain-loose (not interested unless he is doing stupid miles per hour (much to our frustration).

I hadn't seen willi's school before so that is interesting. I had heard of Bettina and know they come with great recommendations.

Just trying to work out where willi's school is? can anyone tell me what it is next/close to please?

Cheers

Ps really looking forward to Obertauern; it looks great and gets some very good reviews.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All the schools and rental in Obertauern is very good, I've tried loads over the years. Go for a rental shop that is convenient for your accomodation, makes live a lot easier for swap outs, service, adjustment, pick up and srop off etc.

I've used CSA and Koch for private lessons with my kids in the past, both excellent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm quite liking the look of Koch as they do mental coaching which, being a nervous skier, I desperately need!! They are right up the other end of the village so I'll have to get organised on the day lol.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy