Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current Saas-Fee report, anyone? (2018-01-11)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering whether to head out to Saas-Fee now that the road is opened. I have a night's accommodation that's been transferred a couple of times, but am left wondering what the changes in conditions - and the trapped skiers - did to all that nice snow...

(Yes, I'm picky. Hey, it's almost four hours of driving for a day's worth!)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seriously??

They have had HUGE amounts of snow, and it has been cold-ish since.

What exactly are your concerns?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@atamar, I’ll be there from the 20th Jan, I ski with a born and bred local who I’ve known for 30 years, and he can barely contain his excitement at the conditions. They haven’t had snow like this for years.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure concern is the right word, but... if I take a day off here and there, I'm trying to use them to hit the best possible powder. It's different from a full week or two out there. The webcams showed a surprising amount of wind blown rockery, and it somewhat undermined my expectations built by the Mon-Tue storm.

I ended up skipping tomorrow (there were other factors in play too), but maybe I can arrange a day off next week instead. Should be some more snow coming, too. (Best of luck, @PowderAdict, looks promising for you. I will be in the Sapporo area hunting for snow the 20th on, so if your location:Japan means you know the secret spots, I would welcome some pointers. wink )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree that Sass-Fee suffers from post snow wind effects, however the best skiing isn't on the exposed bits Very Happy

I'll be touring Hokkiado resorts from the 15th Feb for a couple of week, but based out of Furano and Otaru rather then Sapporo.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@atamar, webcams often mounted on particularly crap spots for good views... often where wind likely to keep them clear...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under_..., true, and good rule to remember, and I'm mildly ashamed I let the visuals get me down. Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Leaving for Saas Fee in about a week. Anyone have a recent report? How's it skiing?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy