Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gore-Tex Small Dirt Marks (No need for washing machine) Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How’s best to clean small dirt spots off a goretex jacket so no need to wash in nikwax in washing machine.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaiSki, I just grab a handful of snow and rub, if it doesnt come off I leave it.

Anything, other than water will probably remove some of the DWR proofing Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DaiSki, ...read Cack and Grime on 'Piste' - but if you do a local clean you can be reasonably aggressive and then use Nikwax spray-on - unlike Graingers aerosol (which is good, but environmentally less OK), Nikwax have a hand spray which is excellent. For oil based stains - eg the filth which can drop off a chair installation as you go underneath - I use a citrus cleaner dabbed on, and then sucked off with kitchen towel. Some will say that citrus cleaner is too aggressive, since petroleum-based, but I find it works well, if used carefully. The American Finish Line citrus cleaner is good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never tried this but in theory, glass cleaner, by it's nature is completely volatile, leaving no detergent residue, it might be worth trying as a spot cleaner, usual disclaimers apply😁
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tangowaggon wrote:
Never tried this but in theory, glass cleaner, by it's nature is completely volatile, leaving no detergent residue, it might be worth trying as a spot cleaner, usual disclaimers apply😁

Thanks but I’ll let someone else try that one first

Thanks all for your comments
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy