Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: Powder Ski...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will double post what follows in Equipment etc for advice and here in the hope that somebody has something to offer for sale.

Perhaps I am after something that does not really exist...but here goes:

Male
85kg
5ft10in
Good skier, but not yet expert. I can ski pretty much anything (except proper narrow and steep couloirs).

I want an off piste ski that is still competent on piste, it doesn't have to be great...but competent at least.
Turn radius of no more than 20m...that really is the max.

Underfoot? "Enough" but no absolute upper or lower limit.

They key, key criteria is turnability. I want an easy to turn ski, that is MUCH more important to me than a big arching turn charging ski.

To be used in Verbier whenever there is enough snow and for bi-annual Japan trip.
snow conditions     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have an older model Armada JJ, fairly lightly used - 185 cm. While they are very good on piste for 115mm underfoot, I found them too turny. They turn sharply in powder and pivot very intuitively.

They have been mounted once for p14s on the line. Full disclosure - the shop initially screwed the mount by a couple of mm and Spyderjon corrected this with inserts. Performance is not impaired and the issue would be irrelevant if they were remounted.

I'd take an offer.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm...tempting!@gorilla,
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rungsp, they deserve to be skied rather than sit under my bed.
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pm sent Re a nice pair of Line Sick Day 125s with guardians and skins for side country touring!
Very Happy
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You are the same height and weight as me, and I have a pair of 2017 bent chetler that have done three day ski so pretty much brand new, I got them direct from atomic, they have got a pair of dynafit beast 14 on them, which I would be happy to either take off or leave on the ski......

A couple of years ago I used an earlier version as a one quiver ski as you can pretty much do everything on them, they are 185cm, radius of 19m and 123 underfoot..... they ski short on the piste due to the camber and very floaty off piste, I am only selling as I lucky enough that don’t really need a one ski does all these days...... there’s even a pair of unused skins that I have but again am happy to keep etc or sell depending on what’s your budget is....
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got a pair of Whitedot Redeemers with only a few days use. 190cm, sidecut radius is >20m, but due to the rocker they pivot on a sixpence and ski much shorter on piste, and are stiff enough to hold a decent edge.
Offpiste they are awesome.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a Pair of Rossignol Super 7 powder skis with Rossignol bindings which I was thinking selling
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can't sing their praises enough... Salomon Rockr2 series. Not shifting mine but even at 122mm underfoot it's still my favourite ski. If I could afford to get a pair at 100-110 it would be a single ski quiver for me.
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy