Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All mountain ski - Volkl RTM?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a decent all mountain ski but slightly more biased towards piste versus offpiste. I have recently returned to skiing after 20 years of boarding and have been renting for last few trips but would now like to purchase skis.

On the last couple of trips I have hired Volkl RTM 81 and found them quite responsive on piste except in super icy conditions. Offpiste I had less chance to test except for the last week but found the skis not so much fun (technique needs work I am sure - spoiled by boarding for so many years). Maybe I would enjoy the wider RMI 84 more.

I also tested the Code V Works, loved them on the ice but hated them when it got soft

I am tempted to buy the RMI skis but wondered if I should test any others given my narrow testing to date.

Any advice or suggestions very welcome!
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Atomic Vantage 90 CTI, it's the only ski I use nowadays. Super grippy on piste and really nice in the soft stuff.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check the Salomon XDR 84 Ti
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bennyboy1, I've been using RTM 81s for a couple of years now. Brilliant grip on ice and hard pistes, and I find them quite easy going in typical Euro pow (i.e not chin deep champagne). Try the RTM 86, which gets very good reviews and should give you a bit more float off the pistes.
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the tips all.
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bennyboy1, If you are planning to stick to Volkl, as well as RTM range you could try some Volkl Kendo skis, little wider under foot at 90mm and still edge hold as Volkls do, on groomed stuff. Tip and tail rocker with traditional camber under foot.
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Test in German but their favoured skis are clearly marked with a tick

https://at.skiinfo.com/ausruestung/g/276/allround-ski---pistenski-test-2017-2018
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought a pair of Blizzard Brahma as my first pair of skis, after testing most of the models listed here (in a snowdome) and they sound like they might work for you - they are so much fun on and off piste. Good grip on piste, plenty capable enough off. Great at speed.
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Barnabarian, I think the Brahma is a great ski. If you're going down that route then the Salomon X-Drive 88 is a similar thing which is also great IMO.
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just a heads up - glisshop.co.uk has a sale on....

I just plumped for some Nordica Navigator 85's
latest report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy